Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Wednesday.....I think!

ONE MORE NIGHT.....I hope, until my right arm is free, finally. Tomorrow at 8AM I have to be at the dr.'s office in Farmington and I sure hope he will remove this constricting device. IF he doesn't, I am going to be reeeaaaallllly pissed. I've already convinced myself that my arm will be weak, but I am anxious to begin my schedule of lifting weights once again.

Today was a relaxed one......watched some early morning TV, read several newspapers on the net (STL Post, NY Times, Washington Post, Jeff C'ity Tribune(obits) and the MSNBC website). Then I spent 1.5 hours getting the shit together to send in the required documentation for 5 rebates that we are getting on the 1st Lady's lappie and the other three freebies(printer, router, carrying case). WHEW.....what a job just to get this money rebated back......unreal. Circuit City was VERY good about giving me plenty of rebate forms and a receipt for each item, but then you have to cut out the original bar codes on the cardboard boxes, and of course, none of these cut-outs will fit into a regular envelope. Then some of the items required a copy of the original bar code from the box, soooo I had to go get photo copies made, buy larger mailing envelopes, and then....the real kicker: PRINT with my left hand the addresses on all of these mailings. TOOOOOO much multi-tasking for a disabled OLD man!!!!!!

So, after getting it all done and mailed, I looked out in the yard and realized that there were dead limbs in the yard from God knows when, sooo I went out and began to pick them up....with the L.H. After about 15 minutes of this, I began to think I had been in a sauna.....I was soaking wet with.....you know....SWEAT.
My casted arm was sweating, itching, and becoming very annoying, soooooo I returned to the stick and brick HowserHouse and became a very cool(temp-wise) recluse once again. AHHHH....the life of a retired band director!

I decided to fix dinner this evening: Rice cooked in chicken broth(and not the "quickie" rice in a box), steamed broccoli and cauliflower, home grown tomatoes diced and salted, quick-fried chicken strips with freshly squeezed lemon juice and pepper on them and cooked with gloves of garlic, fresh(from my herb garden) parsley and basil minced, and all of this was put on the bed of rice and then covered with fresh shredded Parmisan cheese. UMMMMM, but did the flavors from all of these ingredients marry and live together nicely!!!!!! Glasses of wine helped to digest the meal, followed by coffee made from the fresh ground
French Roast beans.

So, what else did I do??? Nothing! The 1st Lady spent her last day of teacher meetings and prep.....and tomorrow the kids arrive eager to learn all about the sex lives of plants and worms, as well as learning which chemicals to use to blow up the chem lab. She probably already knows how many more days there are until the last day of school in May.......

Until later.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Howser. Ryan again. I'm happy to hear that your cast is coming off. If they give you any crap about it, just remember mind over matter and all that good stuff. I'm about an hour or so away from moving. Sorry that I didn't get the chance to pop up and have a proper conversation with you, but, I'll be around at some point, I'm certain. Happy to hear that Mrs. Howser is going to be teaching more students to blow stuff up. I remember when she gave me a couple yardsticks taped together so that I could combust methane bubbles. One of the more fun memories. I almost blew one up right on top of her head. You're lucky you're still more bald than your wife.
What can I say? I'm still a hellion..
~Ryan