Friday, August 05, 2005

An EXCITING Thurs. and a blah Friday

Friday….

Ahhhh, where does the time go when we are in TheHowserHouse traveling the roads of the country???? I really don’t know……but the days pass by before I am ready for them to.
Yesterday…..we packed up, and drove SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY to Union, MO to the Pin Oak Creek RVPark to stay for the night. Noticed the caps, didn’t you??? Seems like we had just got on Hwy 54 headed north when the RV brake controller began to blink, flash, and go beserk as we went down the road……UGH!!!! The thoughts flying thru my mind of having to stop quickly while pulling 14,000 pounds brought visions of disaster….if I had only my truck brakes to do the work!! TheHowserHouse had never been so slow!

We made the trip without any trouble, except for white left hand knuckles as I gripped the wheel so tightly in a few braking situations, plus my bun muscles are now much firmer from all the clenching they did! HAHA. There were no RV service centers anywhere along our route so we just inched along…….all part of the Rver’s little slogan :

YOU ARE NOT AT HOME, SO……… ADJUST!

It was only 114 miles….right…..just a drive thru the countryside…right???? After getting
registered at the park, I set up TheHowserHouse and then put thru a call to my Emergency Road Service for the RV. Within five minutes they called me back and had made an appointment for me for this morning at 9AM in St. Clair at a RV Sales Service Center!!!! Only 9 miles down the road!!! Sooooo, out came the much needed dark red medicine and my knuckles and bun muscles soon were relaxing and feeling better.

We quickly went to Dr. Jeni and Darrel’s Moser Estate where we proceeded to baby sit the 2 granddaughters while Darrel hurried to the airport in STL to pick up his mother. Dr. Jeni was locked in her dental office with patients and other dental staff of hers while SWAT Teams and other law enforcement agencies were running, crouching, and securing the house across the street from her dental office as……there was supposed to be a man who had shot and hilled his wife in St. Charles. Sooooo, as they stayed away from windows, she said she continued to drill, fill cavaties, etc., etc. All very exciting!

She was “released” later in the afternoon and decided to put off doing the files and paperwork for the day and get home.

ALL IN ALL……AN EXCITING AND NERVE-WRACKING DAY!!!!

TODAY…..

Drove to our brake repair appt…….took 45 minutes to locate the problem and fix it, and we on our way to F’town. Just a stripped wire that was shorting out……$45.00.

Began unloading the RV and just about finished but the HEAT won out and we gave up until tomorrow morning. Took care of paying the bills, etc., and then drove out and had Friday night all-you-can-eat catfish…..and all I could eat was tooooooo much!!

Soooo, will post this earlier than usual and let it fly out through cyberspace…..
“Mexico Kathy and Family”….glad you have returned safely to the cultural shock and change of the USA after 7 months Rving thru our wonderful south of the border neighbor….Mexico!!!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That is very sweet John. We're in tiney Ft. Davis - actually, just outside "town" and it hit me today that as long as the road beckons, I'm really happy in any country. There was so much I LOVED about Mexico but there is so much to see here too!

I had such a negative view of Texas, but we're LOVING the Davis Mountain area. It is simply beautiful here! Maybe mountains hold the clue. :)

I think I saw a post office in the tiny town, so tomorrow I will head there with a few boxes. Lmk if you don't get anything by the end of a week.

Kathy said...

Well, crap! This IS the end of the week! I had no idea! :)

I'll post it on Monday. (could I be getting senile already?) :)