Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Visitors at TheHowserHouse

Tuesday….Osage Beach, MO

WOW…but the heat is here again….99 degrees today!! Hurry up October….

Relatives and best friends came to visit TheHowserHouse today……as I hoped they would knowing that we were in the area. My sister brought my 92 year old mother down to see our traveling house and we had a great visit. She does sooooo well for a great lady of many years….a great mind that never stops thinking clearly, with a better memory than I have at 62. It is a bit difficult for her to get around but she is not a complainer as she gets a bit of assistance going up stairs, etc., etc. The “everready battery” that just keeps going and going and going.…..

Then this evening, the new Osage HS ASS Principal and former band director AND former student of mine, along with his charming wife who recently was named a nationally certified educator (WOW!!!!) came to TheHowserHouse for a tour of the house on wheels.. We went out to dinner and I suppose he now thinks he is flush with cash since he picked up the bill for the 1st Lady and I. It was a splendid evening as we talked, and laughed, and ate……what better things could we have done???

The Certified Educator (CE) is certainly to commended for going through all the hoops in order to reach this highly respected pinnacle in her chosen career!!!!!!! “CE” is such a fun person to be with…..and I am certain that her students are the lucky ones to have her in their classroom!

How well I remember how irritated they were with me shortly after their wedding many years ago……when they discovered rice in every crook and cranny of their luggage, car, along with being in their deodorant, toothpaste, etc., etc. Ahhhh, but just think where you can stuff/put 10 lbs of rice to take along on a honeymoon……

How well I remember a special 15th birthday gift the ASS Principal received…….I will never let him forget that he told me about it!!!! HEEHEE!!!!!

It IS good to have very special people like Mike and Merrie that can be called friends!!!!

Took a drive after we parted this evening down the old strip by Bagnell Dam……ahhhh, but what memories that brought back to my mind…..and how things have changed…and yet are still the same. Dogpatch is still there, but in a different setting……just the way time makes changes with everything (like my ripening body with only 69 hairs on my head).

Well, since I have already had several doses of my dark red medicine I will close this post…..taking tooooo long to correct my left hand typing mistakes……six weeks,almost, in this cast and two more to go. YEAH!!!!

No comments: