Thursday, August 25, 2005

Today....it just disappeared....

Up and on the patio for morning coffee with the barren patio staring at me.....and just a few hummingbirds fighting over their feeder hanging on the edge of the house. I do get to check out the growth each morning of my one and only remaining potted Basil plant. It IS growing and getting bushier since I have been talking to it and giving it some TLC each day. I have used quite a few leaves from it in my cooking and there is nothing like fresh basil to give many foods some needed punch. Love it on fresh tomatoes with mozarella cheese on thick french bread and popped into a Foreman Grill which toasts and melts and heats it on both sides at once......ummmm good.

This morning after several cups of steaming coffee, I decided that while it is cool, I would work a bit on the basement of the RV and remove some items that we took with us this summer that I will not need in there this fall........fishing poles, tackle boxes, tennis rackets(never used these since I fell in the damn hole), and a few other non-essentials. Emptied the fresh water that had been in the holding tank as it is now no longer fresh.
Took the bikes out of the bed of the truck where I had kept them........don't think I will need them this fall. I'm going to New Castle and Indianapolis, IN the day after Labor Day for my warranty repairs, and then a couple of weeks later we are headed to Branson for a Cedar Creek Rally (RVs).

By the time I finished all of this, I was soaking with the heat and gave up the rest of the tasks for the cool a/c of the brick/stick house. So, after a SMALL bite of lunch, I decided to read for awhile.....have finally found another book that captures my interest....FINALLY. I did stir up a batch of chocolate ice cream for the Cuisinart ice cream maker......and then after going thru it's cycle, I put into the freezer to firm up a bit more.

After the 1st Lady came in from school, she announced that we were heading to Farmington quickly as she had an eye appt. at 4pm!! So, off we went.....and before we arrived it was raining.....and then a HUGE storm came thru....and it rained and rained and rained and blew and blew and lightning and strikes close by....and it was horrific. The wind was rocking the Buick so much I thought it would turn over while I sat in the parking lot at the optho.'s office. Finally I moved the car to a more sheltered area.....and then I moved again as I thought the tree was going to blow over and down onto the car. It continued to rain thru her appt......damn dr. had his asst. hold a FLASH LIGHT to check her eyes.......a lot he could tell from that inspection!!!!! The electricity had gone out.....and the whole damn trip was for nothing....except for his ungodly fee he will charge for looking at her eyes by flashlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drove back to TheHowserHouse in horrible rain.....couldn't see most of the time...and had the flashers on the Buick on the entire trip. Of course.........I had NOT taken the patio furniture's cushions inside before we left....hell, it was blue sky here when we drove away.....and so now they are full of water and will take days for them to drain and dry. Oh well.......such is Life.

The 1st Lady has her first fall meeting of her Sorority this evening, so she had to fix some carry-in food for the meal......ingredients were flying all over the kitchen as we were running LATE because of the storm. Soooo, the wonderful guy that I am, I cleaned up the kitchen after she left.......and finished off my dark red meds in the process. In the process, I took out the T-bone steaks that I had put in the freezer yesterday so that they will be thawed out by morning........tomorrow is a food visit with Michael, so I will be preparing dinner for him in the morning.

Then we plan to head up to the 1st Lady's mother's house in Monroe City for the weekend. Never very good cell phone reception there, so there may not be many, or any...postings over the weekend. It was there that I had the ARGUMENT with Marian the Librarian as some of you avid readers may remember. I'll bring the lappie with me....just in case a strong wind brings in some reception....HA!

Now....to the title above: to me...the day just flew by....kept toooo damn busy doing tooooo many things, I suppose. Got to slow down......or my Life will be over before I am anywhere ready for it to be. Toooo many things to do and see before my soul departs this existence.......sooo much yet to learn.

Soooo, since the day is slipping by......I am going to post earlier than normal and do some reading. Yep.....a relaxing evening.

Until.....tomorrow(?)....hopefully!

No comments: