Wednesday, August 03, 2005

WHAT a day!!!

Things were going great....we shopped this morning thru early afternoon and then just relaxed and read thru the afternoon heat in TheHowserHouse. We decided to stay another day, so I paid for another night here at Osage Beach RV Park. Noticed while in the office that there was a special rate for three nights.....about $10 cheaper. So I inquired and the nice lady working in the office told me to come back aroun 7pm and talk to the owner, as we had paid by internet when I made the reservations......paying $10 more than the special rate.

I went back to the office later around 7pm and talked .....or TRIED to talk to the owner about this overpayment....and the confrontation of heated verbs and adjectives began in loud and unfriendly terms. I finally told him to just cancel my extra/fourth night as I didn't want to spend extra nights here with someone who talked like he was talking to a client...me. As I went out the door with smoke trailing behind me, I heard him say...."that guy is a real asshole!"

Sooooo, I went back inside and the heated verbs began flying again!!!! No one won, of course....but I did inform him that I write reviews of campgrounds for sites on the internet.....and I would certainly be writing about this cg and about the way the owner treats his cg renters/clients. THIS he did not like!!!!!

Sooooo, then I went to visit some good friends....Dave and Helen.... at the Potted Steer......THE best restaurant in the Lake area. Had WAY toooo much red medicine...and way too many wonderful appetizers compliments of the manager (Helen) andd another former student who has become the head chef there...David Hartwick. Sooooo great to see these wonderful friends who are sooooo successful in the chosen careers!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK you SOOOOO MUCH, David..Helen...Chef David!

Sooo, guess we will head home tomorrow unless I cool down overnight and relent and go pay for another night here?????!!! DAMN, but I was angry and still am.

Guess I'll know in the AM..

No comments: