Monday, August 29, 2005

Hmmmm.....what happened to today???

Woke up when the 1st Lady left for school....around 7:15am....and then found myself waking up again around 9am!!!! What the hell happened??? How did I fall back asleep??? Can't imagine.....hahaha. Sooo, the first think I did was put on the coffee and then turn on the tellie to check on Katrina......WOW!!!! It really did some damage as it moved thru the day and thru the South....

I became fascinated as things progressed and could barely tear myself away from the tellie and the continuous reports as Katrina did her dance of death and destruction across the southland. How terrible for all of those people and their homes and possessions......just can't imagine the devastation there.....the pics don't begin to tell the story, I'm sure.

Did a bit of laundry.....I was taught years and years ago that Monday was "wash day". Haha......sure remember that statement and remember my grandma and my mother washing in those horrible wringer type machines and the tubs of rinse water that were used. I also remember, and not sooo fondly, having to empty those tubs of sudsy water....one pan at a time. And.....good God, but how I would put off that job in the summer for days and then the water would sour and I would gag and gag as I emptied that crap........hated that chore. Guess we "have come a long way, baby" over the years!

Fixed a salad with chicken breasts for supper. Then......it was off to another school board meeting at 7pm. Got home a bit after 10pm........the high school roof is in bad shape....and so we listened to the presentation of a company that is bidding for the job. Enough said for now.......it will be costly, though.

Andrew, the engaged man,..........started to call you a few minutes ago, and something is WRONG with my phone........the damn battery is DEAD AGAIN!!!!! Charged it this morning....and didn't use it one time....and it is dead again. DAMN! Will try again tomorrow .....you can count on it.

Watching the tellie now.......looking at the discoveries that the media and the rescuers are making as they go thru the damaged areas.....terrible. The Hanner's called and are leaving EARLY in the morning for Mobile, Alabama, to do their jobs....catastrophic insurance adjusters. THIS will be one hell of a job!!! They could be down there for a very long, long time.

OK....enough said for tonight. Nothing I said was earth shattering.......just a memory or two and a bunch of not so newsy news of my day, sooooooo.......until tomorrow!

No comments: