Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A HUGE day in Fredericktown.......

Yep.....the unbelievable happened this morning here in our little community!!! Our one and only stoplight began working AND.......the new SUPER WALMART opened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow.......did it ever bring out all of the folks who live in the very remote, woodsy parts of our area. I went out at 10AM and there was NO place to park in the brand new lot by the brand new building.......cars and trucks everywhere. They even had the High School Choir out to sing the national anthem this morning!!!! Haha......where else would the hs choir sing for the opening of WalMart.

But, it is quite an improvement over the old WM on the other side of town. AND......having the groceries available there is GREAT.....WONDERFUL......HUGE!!!!!! We were down to one grocery store, as the owner of Country Mart had bought out the other two stores, so he had a monopoly on our eating habits.....and prices. I hope I never have to set foot in his store again.....and I heard SOOOOOOOOOOO many people this morning saying the very same thing.

This afternoon I read a bit more on the patio, and then after school was out I had three students for instrumental/voice lessons. I would like a couple more if I can find anyone who wants to study with this old man......hahaha.

Tonight.....well, I fixed a 4 lb. pork tenderloin covered with lemon pepper for dinner this evening along with parsley potatoes, steamed broccoli, and baked a loaf of crusty french bread.......yummmy!! Ate way tooo much and after having dinner last night at the HannerHome, I have gained way to much, I'm certain. Ohhhh yeah......I did have to take a couple of glasses of my dark red medicine to protect my ticker.

Soooo, another BIG day for our town........and as I drove through the city center, I realized that growth is coming to town and we are losing more and more businesses in the center. What will this new WM do to our downtown........it may begin to move west to the edge of town and out by the four lane highway. Hmmmmm......progress???? I wonder....

Sooooo........tomorrow.....

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness" --Mark Twain
(I couldn't agree more with this!!!)

No comments: