Tuesday, August 09, 2005

First I'm wired....and now I'm wireless!!!

After almost three months, my former student and recent associate band director with me, and I managed to get together for a brief time. Of course.....I had asked him to assist me with becoming wireless in my stick house. Soooo, after a few short minutes, the computer guru had me all wired up so I could become wireless throughout the stick/brick HowserHouse. With the 1st Lady having her own lappie, we can now wander throughout the house with our lappies and still be in touch with the world. WOW!!!!

Soooo, that is the big news of the day from here. The heat was horrible.....again....and so I did odd jobs in the house that required only 1.5 hands to complete. I am NOW typing with both hands......still just as many mistakes, but the pain is leaving most of the time so it is time to use those fingers and get them flexed and back to work.

1st Lady was not feeling well this morning........thought she was getting a migraine, but with the proper meds, she fought it off without feel tooo bad. She revved up this afternoon and began to get the house organized....at least for a day or two.

This evening, another hour of water went into my plants. I honestly believe I could fall into some of the wide cracks in our yard and never be seen again. This is about as bad as I have seen since we have lived here.....17 years. I may need to get some boards laid around to use as bridges to cross some of these cracks.

Our wandering friends, the catastrophic insurance adjusters, have returned to Missouri and their country estate here. We have to get together this week before another disaster strikes somewhere in the nation and they have to dash across the country in the middle of the night without anyone knowing it until we realize they have left when they answer their cell from a distant point on the map. I always ask; "where are you now?". I must get their pics on this little blogspot......

Heard from a former exchange student who is flying over this week from Germany for a friend's wedding this weekend. Looking forward to spending a bit of time with him catching up on his Life. He was, and remains, such a wonderful positive young man!!!!!

Kathy and Jamie......enjoyed reading about your feelings about Texas. I replied to your post......and could have written much stronger but knew others will read it so I didn't. Hope you get through Missouri on your travels around our country. We MUST get togther.

Until tomorrow........

No comments: