Sunday, August 14, 2005

Getting behind on posting......with editing..

Hmmmmm......my nightly posting is getting screwed up......I just don't get it done! Yesterday, we went to Farmington to my hairdresser.....to get all 69 hairs trimmed back a bit. Always a problem because no one, including myself, can ever get those few fine hairs replaced in the correct way to keep the sun off of my shining top. No matter who clips those few hairs, I get pissed because they are never re-arranged in the correct manner to compliment my youthful looking face. But, I keep going back to the same place each time.....and so it goes.....I AM a creature of habit.

The 1st Lady shopped for several hours and managed to find her "school clothes" for her LAST year. Our clothing bill will drop out of sight after this year........yeah...right!!! Returning to the brick and stick home in the middle of the afternoon, her new lappie was giving her fits, so I once again called the Toshiba Support place and they worked their miracles in just a few seconds, and the Lady of TheHowserHouse was back online and working away towards her first day of school (Monday) goal.

Last night.....we attended a Trivia Party.....and as always, it makes me feel dumb as a rock. Where did I help our team???? Guess!! It was on the geography part, which was pictures of places around the world and we had to identify the country or city where these landmarks were located. Piece of cake!

IT RAINED last night!!!!!! BIGTIME!!!! How great......now the yard will need mowing and I will have to hire the summer mower to come over and do the lawn....again. He has mowed it several times this summer, however, not nearly as much as he thought he would have to. Perrhaps in a few....a short few weeks I will be able to push the lawn mower around and get my exercise.......looking forward to going to the dr. this week and hoping to get this damned cast off.

Well, today....we are off to church, then to see Mike, and then to meet the Moser family in south STL to return a car they had let Marsha borrow, and then on to Columbia, IL to attend Chris Stevens' wedding at 5pm. Soooo, a busy, busy day......"no rest for the wicked".

Later.....it was a wonderful wedding. It began outside.....everyone in the processional made it into the area in front of the waterfalls, and then water began falling from another source........the sky!!! After about 30 seconds of heavy, heavy sprinkling.....almost a rainfall......it was announced that there would be a rain delay....right in the middle of the the pastor's initial message. Soooo, everyone HURRIED into the reception hall at "The Falls".....a lovely wedding hall. After everyone was seated at their tables for the dinner, the processional began again and the wedding took place on the dance floor.......just as beautiful as outside, almost.

Cocktails and appetizers followed the wedding, and then dinner was served to all the guests. The traditional wedding dances were completed, and then the 1st Lady and I left.......school begins tomorrow. A really nice evening!!!!

No comments: