Monday, December 31, 2007

Hmmmmm.......hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!!!!!

YEP......not the type of traveling day I particularly enjoy!!!! We left a few minutes after 8 this morning........dreadfully COLD with a heavy frost everywhere. We hadn't gone 35 minutes when the Service Engine Soon idiot light came on. OK.......we are in the middle of absolutely NO WHERE driving down Hwy 67 in southern Missouri. So, the 1st Lady gets out the truck manual and reads that unless it is blinking, it has to do with the emission system. Ok....I don't smell fumes, it is running perfectly that I can see.......so, we decide to continue down the road. Of course, there is no cell phone service where we are in NO WHERE LAND......(southern Misery).

After over an hour...maybe longer.....the damn thing just goes out on its own. Nothing has changed that we can tell.....and so we continue our drive through Arkansas.....UGH!!!! The roads....Hwy 67 and then I-30.......certainly need some money poured into them......really bouncy, holes everywhere, etc.,, etc. Gov. Huckabee.........you SAID you improved the roads in Arkansas when you were Gov.......hmmmmmm.........??????? Food for a reply from Mitt?????

Sooooo, we arrive in Texarkana......and we head south through town to this little Passport America rv park. Check in, pay the small amount and then head to the site assigned to us by the lady at the counter. Well.....before we even reach the site......we have to make some narrow-ass turns and I scrape a brick electrical post at another site.....and the damn thing falls apart....bricks everywhere. I get out......and I have this ungodly scratch on the side of the RV.....and it appears to have it the dining rm slide. I get out of that situation and go on to my site....and it is sooooo damn damn narrow with a curve in it that I cannot get in. And so.....I work for 30 minutes to back out of this hell hole..........DAMN! Finally, I get my money back, and head to the local KOA, where we overnighted last year.

OK>...we get checked in.....pay the TOO HIGH KOA PRICE......and unhook.....plug into electrical......and SHIT!!!! Half or more of the RV doesn't have electricity!!! We have no microwave, no refrig..other than on propane...., no tv, no electric fireplace, no converter which takes electricity and charges the batteries plus other tasks(very important).....and several outlets don't work. The furnace works, but I believe it is working on battery power....and so, to save the batteries, I shut it down. We do have a small little electrical heater we use and four electrical outlets that work.....BIG DEAL!

Soooo, I call the emergency rv road service....and after going through everything that I had already done....fuses, switches, etc. etc......they say that we will have to get technician at an rv service shop to check it out. OK......it is 6pm on NEW YEAR'S EVE.....and tomorrow is a holiday. Sooooo, we hope to get it on the road tomorrow and go on to the San Marcos/San Antonio area and stay overnight there. Then take it on to the RGV where there are dozens of RV service people.

NOT the best day I have had lately!!!!!! However, one must "roll with the punches"......and I feel like I am rolling down a hillside right now..........but, from almost 65 years of this Life, I do know that.......................

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After several phone calls from Cedar Creek RV Owners Club members who had read my problem on the CCRVOC Forum this evening.........we got it fixed!!!!! Not sure what we would do without our lappies, cell phones, and the ability to communicate across the nation back and forth in a second or two...........this really is a GREAT world of instant technology. I will never go anywhere without my lappie and my cell phone......WOW!!!!!!!!!

No comments: