Sunday, December 16, 2007

A bit of snow.....and a LOT of cold out there!!

The morning dawned cold.....really cold with a layer of ice and then covered by about an inch or two of snow. I needed to run to the local grocery to get some fresh pastries for the 1st Lady's birthday today......I left a bit after 7am while she was still asleep.......and OMG, it took me forever to get the doors open(freezing rain had them frozen shut).....and then the ice and snow off of the windshield. I found the passenger door was the best bet.....and managed to get it opened after a bit of some windshield de-icer was sprayed on it. Finally.....after some more thawing on the windshield by the car heater.....I made it to the store and back.

I kept things very quiet.....Jeremy was still in bed........and let her sleep until the phone rang a bit after 9AM ......a birthday greeting for her from her sister. And then the phone continued to ring and ring and ring with call after call from relatives and friends wishing her a Happy Birthday!!

The morning was spent helping Jeremy get his things together for his trip down to New Orleans this afternoon.....about a ten hour drive. After he headed south, I got busy and baked some cookies......a recipe from Paula Dean's show........"Loaded Oatmeal Cookies". They are sooooooo damn good...and I bake them each year at this time........rich, nutty, and with a great icing on them. YUMMMMMMMM......

We had planned to have dinner and then see a movie, but we decided that we would only see a movie late this afternoon.....and WOW!!!!! What a movie it was!!! INTENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't thought I might like it, but I was sooooooooo wrong!! We went to see "I Am Legend" with Will Smith......and Will certainly did a great job in my opinion. I really did enjoy this movie.........give it a try, but be prepared for some not-so-pleasant scenes which only assist the movie with the story line.

And so......the evening has been spent watching the final episode of "Survivor". Well......as they just announced the winner..........he certainly was not my favorite of the group. But......I suppose in listening to him right now.......he did play the game well. And he got the $$$$$$$$$.

Tomorrow.......some recall work on the truck at the Ford dealer here in town. And then we plan as of now to have dinner in Farmington tomorrow evening!!

THIRTEEN days until we leave for warmer weather!!!! But......even here in Misery.....

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: