Tuesday, December 04, 2007

STILL can't stay asleep!!!

WHEN will my aged sagging hulk realize that we are now back in Misery???? The 1st Lady and I are still having natural, body-controlled EARLY WAKE-UPS.......we continue to wake up in the middle of the night. Did we take a nap today? Nope........the 1st Lady became involved in dragging out the Christmas decorations and started erecting here Christmas Village.....and I had to take the car to the shop for the little idiot light that has been coming on and going off and then, back on again.

Soooooo, will it be an "early to bed" night because we fall asleep on the sofa......or will we continue to fight this getting up early and try to stay up a few extra hours? Hmmmmm........I will not take bets on this....haha.

I did begin some thinking exercises about our upcoming "gone for the winter" trip to southern Texas. Started getting some lists together for our trip.......the things that we need to put back into TheHowserHouse on wheels, things we need to do here at the stick/brick to get it closed down for three months. AND.........as always, to NOT forget to turn on the BURGLAR ALARMS!

Tonight I reviewed my many, many pictures that I took and put together a new album that I have titled "Egyptian Street Scenes".......because I really feel this is sooooo interesting to see these pictures. It says so much about the Life of the average Egyptian.....and shows they way so many of them live their day-to-day lives. This is NOT a criticism, but just a view of how Life is for them. There are only two classes of society in Egypt......the upper class and the lower class......the "middle class" is just not there in Egypt.

Did I get any pictures of the upper class.......no, I didn't have that opportunity. In flying into Cairo three times(from NYC, from Aswan, and from Amman, Jordan).....we flew over beautiful, huge houses....mansions they might be called here.....with large swimming pools on the grounds of these homes...and....SHOCKINGLY.....grass surrounding the homes. However, as when flying ....you see something but it goes by so quickly that you can't get a picture of it.....especially in these cases when we were in the landing mode of the flights.

Sooooo, I am going to put some of these "Egyptian Street Scenes" on this blog tonight. I have a request for more pictures of our trip to be published here....and so, Keith, I am going to deliver on your request! I also will post a few pictures that I took while flying from Jordan to Egypt last week........not clear pictures as the windows were a bit dirty and streaked, but I enhanced them a bit to get past a lot of those streaks.

Am I obsessed with our trip and the pictures???? No....I hope not, but I am still enjoying looking at them and making certain that my aging mind is embedded with the memories that the pictures bring back to life. Sooooo, glance at them if you wish......or just go on past them and continue with your evening/day.

And my day..........as always just re-enforces my deep, intense feeling that......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: