Monday, December 24, 2007

My wish For You: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

The 1st Lady and I were up and gone by mid-morning.....to Cape Girardeau to pick up her new/different glasses. The ones she has worn since just before we left for Egypt and the Middle East....well, she could never quite see clearly enough when looking out to the sides of the glasses. So......a new pair of frames and new lenses......and no extra cost at all. These seem to really work fine for her.......I HOPE so. We have been dealing with new glasses in TheHowserHouse since July 17th.......not the was either one of us want to spend a half year!!

She did a bit of shopping and I did some reading and looking at Barnes & Noble for a couple of hours. She picked me up.....we grabbed a horrible burger at McD's.......and returned back to the stick and brick.

Tomorrow.....Christmas Day.....is not to be our Christmas Day......as Dr. Jeni and Darrel want to have Santa come to their own home tonight while the girls are asleep......and so they will drive down here tomorrow evening. Becky and Rachel will also have their tree in the morning and then drive up here sometime later tomorrow. Jeremy is here......and STILL on his Blackberry most of the time, running the Campaign Office in New Orleans from here in SE Misery via phone/computer/etc., etc. As I have said before, I never know who will be on the phone when I answer the landline here at the house........many from Washington, DC call often.

And so......Christmas Eve is here......AND.....an entire string of lights in the middle of our tree decided to give up the ghost and went black!!!!! Of course.......it ALWAYS happens just at the time when they are needed and wanted the most........RIGHT????

To ALL: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!........

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

2 comments:

Goldenchild said...

Thanks for the birthday wish!!! I know I know... i'm a grown up!!!! crazy! hahaha. I've always been ahead of my time.

Anonymous said...

Okay I had to pass this on if you haven't seen it yet. Vaughn had this up through myspace where I've talked to him several times. This is his 7 year old nephew Grant. Thought you might like to see it even though you probably already have. Copy and paste the link into your browser.

http://video.google.com/videohosted?docid=-6324433164027949869