Monday, December 03, 2007

It IS time to head south........I'm FREEZING!!!!

OMG......we return home from the eastern deserts of North Africa, the Sinai, and eastern Jordan......and BANG......our bodies are unable to cope with these temps in the mid-20's!!!!!! No wonder I am soooooo damn sleepy all the time.......it isn't the jet lag.......it is my body going into hibernation because of living in this deep freeze in Misery!!! I am still peeling away the top layer of skin from being in the desert sun for two plus weeks.......and now my body is shivering and shriveling from these low temps. YES.......good friends, it IS time we hooked up TheHowserHouse and started rolling southward. Not certain we can wait for 27 more days........UGH..UGH!!!!

My day????? Thankfully, we each were able to sleep until......WOW.....6AM!!!!!! THAT is an accomplishment for both of us........the latest we have kept our eyes shut down for almost three weeks. Whew......perhaps we are starting to adjust to Central Standard Time......I HOPE!!!!

My good friends, Michael and Melissa and their daughter Emily, dropped by this morning for some coffee.....and I bored them showing them the pictures I had taken on our journey.......and, of course, they had both seen all of them on this little blogspot. HAHAA......they may never return again.....as I sooooooooo dominated the conversation discussing our trip.

The afternoon was spent running a few errands down in the city center......and then working on doing some editing of my pictures. Not a quick little job.........there are sooooo many of them. As I look at them and work with them, I have been thinking.........who really cares about them anyway except the 1st Lady and I. And......after a few weeks, no one else will give a damn about seeing them. Sooooo, what the hell am I spending all of this time on them????? Hmmmmmm.......your thoughts????

Both the 1st Lady and I DID feel almost normal today..........crap....it is about time we returned to some type normalcy........two or three days of being zombies is plenty!!!

I do have some writing to complete.......an article for the local newspaper about our journey......a letter to STI-Travel.....our tour company.......with compliments for such an outstanding tour and for pampering us soooooo much for 2.5 weeks..............and then a couple of letters to individuals that worked sooooo hard in Egypt to make our visit sooooooo incredible!

Sooooo, with all of those tasks weighing me down..........and I do not enjoy having some menial tasks hanging over my head, so I will close this little post tonight. I am going to try to organize my pics, or at least a part of them....into general categories....and then do a bit more about getting them online once again, just in a different format.

Without a doubt........not one tiny doubt.......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!........And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

1 comment:

Keith said...

John,
I vote for keeping the pictures. I have really enjoyed seeing the ones you have posted. My daughter (Erica) and I were discussing them the other day and wished you had some opportunity to share them with the community. I told you before you left that I wanted to see you on one of those camels at the pyramids...and I did. LOL Thanks for sharing your trip with your readers.