Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another....WHEW!!!.....day!!!!

CRAP......I thought we were about loaded and ready to go last night. How WRONG I was !!! We had much more to put on board......and so we spent most of the day doing:

Getting Jeremy ready and loaded to drive back to New Orleans this afternoon......it takes him only about 9 hours to drive down there from here.

Cleaning the house and cleaning out the refrigerator.......getting all of the trash into the dumpster.....etc., etc.

And then......shortly after lunch, the sewage pipes became clogged!!!!! DAMN.......I quickly called our plumber ( we had a couple of loads of clothes to wash, among other things)......and by late afternoon he was here to take care of it. I have already contracted him to put in new sewer lines from our house to the street as the ones we have are old and need to be replaced. He can't get to it until spring.......but he told me that anytime we have a problem he will unclog it for free. AND....that is good.....his house calls are $75.00.

And so.......we are loaded and sitting on the sofa in the media/family room watching........you guess! "The Sound of Music".........hahaha.....think I have seen it at least 30 times during my Life.......and usually enjoy most of it again. We have visited Salzburg sooooo many times, been to the cemetery where they hide behind the tombstones, seen the house where it was filmed, the scenes in the city center of Salzburg where we love to eat and have coffee, and we love the mts in that part of Europe!!!! So, it is always refreshing to us to see those places again in this movie. And....I have always enjoyed the music and Julie Andrews a lot!!!!! The first time I saw it I was in Amarillo, TX......going to the USAF Tech School there.....and it was such a wonderful weekend movie that I went back the next weekend.

And sooooo, we leave in the morning.......and plan on staying in Texarkana tomorrow night......if all goes as I have planned. It has been a little over two months since I had TheHowserHouse out on the road......and so you never know what has changed in it's physical body during that time........I'll feel better once we get out of Misery and the up and down hills we have just south of here. But........nevertheless.........

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: