Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Day travel and visits.........

407 Days to go......

Ahhhh.........a pre-Christmas trip within Misery.........and Misery it HAS become AGAIN!!!! We left about 8: 30 yesterday (Saturday) morning for the Lake of the Ozarks for an afternoon with my sister and her "husband-to-be"(more news on that later). We stopped for lunch in Waynesville/St. Roberts at the local Cracker Barrel. This is not a place where we normally eat, but it just sounded good on this chilly, cloudy, drizzly day.......and it actually wasn't too bad. I had the fish fillets and they were really quite good. Can't say the same for the carrots I ordered, but can't win them all...... The 1st Lady had a late morning breakfast and she said it WAS good.......if you discount the horrible gravy.....haha.

We then drove on "over the river and through the woods" to the great-grandmother's house......my sister and David's house. A thoroughly wonderful afternoon we had with them!!!!!! I do believe that she and I both were instilled from our "little" mother with the wonderful, forward-looking attitude that being positive-people seem to have.( NOT BRAGGING HERE!!!) But.......she has such a wonderful, open-minded outlook on Life.......and for her, that is super considering the horrible two auto accidents she has endured during her Life......each with lasting effects on her physical structure! WOW.......what an amazing person she is.....and how lucky I am to have her as the one-and-only sister/sibling I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weather outlook was not good for the evening hours and today, so we altered our plans to overnight in Eldon so we could visit the cemetery and put some Holiday flowers on my parent's graves and also, on our daughter's grave. We hurried away in the later afternoon from my sister's home, drove up to Eldon, and by that time it was really miserable with COLD drizzle and a few stiff breezes, especially at the cemetery,.......but aren't cemeteries ALWAYS cold???? Being dark, I angled the car to point the headlights at the gravesites and with the aid of a flashlight we did get the flowers arranged and looking great........at least we hoped they were/are when the light appears this morning.

From there we headed east to Washington, MO to spend the weekend with Dr. Jeni. It rained, it began freezing on the metal of the Buick, and we finally arrived about 8:30pm. Not a pleasant drive, but much better than it would have been had we waited until this morning to leave the motel in Eldon that we had originally planned to overnight in.

Sooooo, we talked "Egypt/Jordan" with Dr. Jeni and family for three hours until we were ready to get some rest. YEAH!!!!! I slept until 7 AM this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND........YEA for our decision to come on over here last night as the place is really iced up....... and still more to come all day long. YUCK........December in MISERY!!!!

And soooooo......it was a great day!!!!!!! I only wish my sister and I more time to get together more frequently.......Being with her and David yesterday only makes me certain again that.......

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: