Saturday, December 15, 2007

AHHHH.......again: Miserable Misery!!!!!!

14 days until we leave for the Rio Grande Valley in Texas: Llano Grande Lake Park RV Resort and Country Club!!!!!!

And, I am really counting those days with the miserable weather we here in southeast Missouri experienced today: freezing rain, sleet, and finally snow this evening. Granted, the weather people have downgraded the amount of accumulating snow we might receive......but nevertheless, it is something I no longer enjoy!!!!!!

Well.......I never did get back to my blog last night after having the afternoon and evening with Michael, our oldest son. By the time we returned home, I was pretty much wiped out......a very busy day it was, including preparing some food and goodies to take for all of us to enjoy together.

Sooooo, this morning the main thought was the weather that was occurring outside our many windows. I ran to the post office AND the local florist........and the florist was the important priority as tomorrow is the 1st Lady's birthday!!!! I picked out a permanent Christmas, very contemporary arrangement in red(of course!) with a black, square vase. A really nice looking arrangement that can be used year after year at the Holiday season. And.....when it was delivered today, she was very excited with the way it looked!!!!! Hmmmmm.......guess I did the right thing!!!!??? (Tomorrow we will go to dinner and a movie)

Did I tell you that when we arrived home LATE on Thursday night from the airport that the ceiling in our linen closet in the guest room bathroom had collapsed???? Think I did, but anyway.......we spent a couple of hours in getting the linens moved out of there, the insulation which was the loose type had to be cleaned up....(a face mask needed).....and then the closet itself had to be cleaned. Then.....I called a friend who is a home builder.....and had him come over(Brian Hanner of Hann-Co Construction (sp. may be incorrect)). He thinks he knows where on the roof it is leaking and will get it repaired during the next two weeks....before we leave for Texas. Of course, the interior must be redone.........and that is a GREAT and WONDERFUL reason to remodel this particular bathroom!!! OMG......OMG.....OMG......did you just hear me say "REMODEL"???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I lost my mind????????????????? Are we to endure this god-awful thing again???????????????? HELP............Send the white-coats for me quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I am even thinking such a horrible and unspeakable CURSE WORD....."REMODEL"!!!!!

QUICK.....I will exit this topic!

But, we did clean up the mess and have put some temporary plastic in the top of the closet to seal it off until that terrible WORD returns in the spring when we get back from the southland.

This afternoon........it just went away. Since it is the birthday weekend.......and since Jeremy is still here......albeit he is on the phone 99% of the time talking with people in Washington DC and New Orleans........we decided to just have a family dinner rather than go to the party that we were supposed to attend: her Christmas party with her sorority. Is that selfish??? No....I think now.....as family DOES need to come FIRST!!!

So, I fixed dinner: "Warsaw Hamburgers" (eat your heart out, Goldie/Mel as they were served at the same time as your Saturday evening services).....and the 1st Lady made a great veggie salad. A bit of dark red medicine complimented the meal......and now, here I am rambling as usual!!!

I apolize for no pictures tonight. I, too, am getting sooooo used to having a few pic sto post that I feel strange not having any at all tonight. Perhaps if we have any snow at all, I can get a few for all of you in warmer climates to "drool over"(heehee....SURE you will).

Jeremy leaves tomorrow to run back down to New Orleans....about 10 hours of driving.....for the next five days.....and he will return back up here on Friday night to be here until New Year's.....AFTER we have departed for Texas.

And sooooo, even with the state of Misery being miserable tonight........

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: