Wednesday, December 19, 2007

WELL.....finally a day outside for my chores!

OK......for some ungodly reason, I woke up three times during the night. UGH.....shades of a week ago when I was still suffering from the problems of crossing 8 time zones in a only 15 hours of flying. Anyway.......I can handle it......it just makes my sagging hulk sag a bit more by this time of the evening......HAHA!!

After plenty of time this morning for my wonderful large cup of hot steaming French Roast coffee......I changed into my work clothes and exited the stick and brick. After only three tugs on the started cable.......surprisingly the lawn mower fired right up and with a bit of chugging at first, I was off and going back and forth across the very soft, and sometimes muddy, lawn.........chomping and mulching those nasty little leaves that have known for a couple of months that soon........SOON their time would come and they would become tiny little pieces of their former selves!!!! And, they did!! It took me about three hours.......the mulching took a bit long than usual as they were still wet from the freezing rain and snow of the past few days. BUT......the job IS DONE!!!

Then.......out came the 8 foot ladder and "Up on the Rooftop" I went......'tis the season, isn't it??? But this was not quite the gift giving trip to the roof that we all remember and still wish for......this was a little bit messy. With over 500 linear feet of gutters around the hip roof of our home......I crawled around and got really good and dirty as I pulled out the leaves, the gunk, and some ice from the rain gutters. I have been behind on both of these fall chores......my camel riding and tomb crawls have kept me getting this done......but, it waited for me! And.....after about another hour....this chore was completed! And....then I carefully came down off of the roof....and not with a clatter!

The remainder of the afternoon was spent puttering around TheHowserHouse on wheels.......checking out the 2 Trojan golf cart batteries that I had installed a couple of years ago. This fall I noticed that they seemed to have used some water....the first time I had to add some distilled water, but today....they were fine. I opened up the slides.....and then turned on the furnace to check to see if it is still running properly........HOPEFULLY, I won't need it down on the border of Mexico and Texas during the next three months.

Speaking of that trip.......if there is anyone reading this blog and is either already in the Rio Grande Valley, or will be arriving after the Holidays........please get in touch with me and come by and visit!! I will be in the new north section of Llano Grande RV Resort and Country Club for two months.....and then will be wandering around in southern Texas during the month of March.

This evening......after a great dinner salad and a couple of glasses of dark red medicine.....I have noticed that my sagging hulk is beginning to get a bit stiff.........too much activity "up on the rooftop", I suppose......hahaha. The remedy? Get the hell out of the house and do MORE of this kind of thing..........more work!!!

Tomorrow.......90% chance of rain....and temps in the low 50's. Sooooo, sure glad I got these things done today! And........with these fall tasks finished.......

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: