Monday, December 17, 2007

A varied day with varied temperatures!!

WOW.......it was 15 degrees this morning when I first got online around 7:15am!!!!! Around 7:45 I went out to start the truck and let it warm up before taking it to the Ford dealer for the recall sensor to be installed. WHAT a great truck!!!!! I cycled the glow lights twice and it turned over on the very first attempt.....and very quickly at that!!! This made me look back....and I don't believe I have had to plug it in for a couple of years now..........it just doesn't seem to need it.

After getting the part installed.....30 minutes.......I stopped by the local Supercenter of Wally World and picked up a few necessary items.....and of course, running into former students who wanted to hear ALL about the trip to Egypt and Jordan. Returning home there were some little inside-the-house chores and a quick little bite of low cal lunch......and then the 1st Lady decided she wanted to get her glasses adjusted.....she has been having difficulties with seeing on the left and right sides ever since she got them. Sooooo, off to Cape we went.....arriving there about 2pm. After getting her glasses checked, she will be getting a different lens for some different frames.....hopefully that will work for her!!

Then for the next few hours, it was Christmas shopping.......UGH!!!! You know........I really, REALLY do dislike shopping for Christmas gifts! Am I a Scrooge......or what? For some reason, the older I become the less joy and fun and excitement there is in shopping at this time of the year. Christmas has never been a BIG time for me since my children grew up.........and even though there are three granddaughters, it is just not quite the same. I suppose it is because the excitement of waiting for the BIG day to see what will be under the tree is not there 24/7 since the granddaughters don't live with us and we don't get to experience their daily excitement!

And.......the 1st Lady and I used to get each other gifts to surprise the other one, but now.....well, we simply get something we need that we usually can both use. Hmmmm.......perhaps that is the problem???? Perhaps a surprise is needed.....................???!!!

Returning home, after a less than satisfying supper at Steak and Shake........I am now writing and having a cup of my every evening hot tea(along with a couple of those wonderful cookies I made yesterday). Somehow......having a cup of hot tea in the evenings always relaxes me and I have the reached the point where I really look forward to having that tea!!! While in Egypt and Jordan......I ALWAYS had a cup of tea in the evenings.......tea is their #1 drink in both countries.

Got to thinking that I am WAY behind on the continuation of the Chapters of my Life!! Well.....I will just have to go back and see where I stopped.......and begin writing from that point. I am also writing an article for Goldie for his blog.........an article on travel, which for some unknown reason seems to be taking me much longer than I anticipated it would take!!!! Not certain as to why.......perhaps because it is going into someone else's blog.....and I find myself resuming my previous ways of being a perfectionist (just like when I was a band director). Oh well........

Tomorrow......I take the truck to my area diesel mechanic in Doe Run......to get it all checked out, filters changed, fluids changed, etc., etc. for the trip to southern Texas at the end of next week. It will be more dollars than I want to spend, however,.......they do one heck of a great job in their shop/garage.....and I trust them with doing anything that is needed!!!

And so.....another day.........cold temps which moderated into the low 40's.....and a day of variety from house chores to Christmas shopping.......and all of these parts of the day accentuate the thoughts that............

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

Hey John, you are right we are still alive and kicking. We are hoping next year we will head south for the winter, at least for now that is our plans.

Want to wish Marsha a Belated Happy Birthday

Also, Hope you two have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Larry.