Saturday, December 01, 2007

Ahhhh.......a day of recovery!!!

OMG.......this is THE worst time for me, and the 1st Lady, in getting past the jet lag problems!!!!! I have flown all over the world and back, but this trip back from Egypt has taken me longer, and affected me more....than any other trip. Even the 14 hour trip back from Sydney to L.A. did not bother me as much as this one. Now.......to be fair and honest, could it be that I am now a bit more aged than those days????? Does age affect the body more during a 15 hours of flying across 8 time zones???? Hmmmmmm..........I'm not certain but something certainly got me out of whack.

We both woke up at 3:30AM this morning and finally got up at 4AM.......just couldn't sleep. Sooooo, we have both been up all day long.......UGH!!! THIS has to change!!!!

Today, I spent the wee hours of the early morning, and a great deal of the rest of the day, posting more pictures from our trip. I think I have just about put all of the ones online on this blog that I intend to do. There might be a few little more but, I'm too tired to take care of this evening.

Learned some sad news late this morning.........a high school classmate and long-time friend passed away this week of heart problems......very, very suddenly. Jim Dinwiddie, formerly of Eldon and Farmington, and a past asst. school superintendent, was buried today.......just a few miles from here. I only learned of it by reading of it in the Farmington newspaper.....and I immediately contacted a few friends from high school. No one had heard the news......and it was quite a shock to us all. Feel sooooo sorry for his wife, Sharon.........with whom the 1st Lady and I both taught here in F'town. Upon retiring they had moved to the Lake of the Ozarks and built a lovely home on the Lake.

The evening is being spent in the media room watching the Mizzou-Oklahoma game. Not going as well as I hoped it would during the 1st half........but....there is the second half to go. Soooooo, without any amount of verbage.....I will close this little post tonight. My mind is mush anyway.......been a long day since 3:30 this morning!!!!

It doesn't make any difference.......because......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: