Friday, August 24, 2007

WOW.......this is post # 2001!!!

Where has the two plus years gone?? My first post was back in 2005......and tonight, this post, makes my 2001st post on TheHowserHouse!!!! And.......as I reread my first post this evening, I realize what a wonderful addictive habit this has become. I highly encourage those of you readers who do not blog........give it a try!! Great fun......and very good therapy, also.

Today......well, I was a bit lazy this morning and just rather loafed around here. Spent an hour or so on the patio, sipping my French Roast coffee and enjoying the tons of little feathered birds that have become addicted to my bird feeder, along with sooooo many hummingbirds that are always showing how territorial they each are as they fight and fly around, chasing others away from the sweet liquid.

This afternoon, my changed glasses arrived at the local eye glass shop.....and I hurried my sagging ass down to try them on to see if the lenses had been corrected. WELLLLLLLL.........the answer is NO!!! I am really getting tired of playing this game.........oh yeah, I can see better close up and on this lappie monitor, but OMG.......the distance is not good at all. I STILL have blurred vision from about 10:30 to 1:30 on the clock when looking straight ahead. In order to see if I can pull out on a street or highway, I have to turn my head MORE than 90 degrees. It is almost like having tunnel vision......things are not in focus/blurry except when looking straight ahead at a distance. THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!! I sat at a corner with a stop sign....and while those behind me became irritated, I looked through the new ones, slipped them off and put on my old glasses, and then reversed the procedure.....and the old ones are NOT like that at all.......DAMN!!!!

All the road signs, when looking straight ahead appear to be under water.......blurry, blurry, blurry!!!!! BACK to the office I will "swim" on Monday morning to see what can be done. It just seems to be the outer edges that are out of focus. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!!

The 1st Lady and I went to Farmington this afternoon to catch the 3:45 afternoon showing of The Bourne Ultimatum .........oh yeah......full of run-away action........blurry(NOT my glasses) scenes of rapid actions, but a good story line. I sometimes think that some of these movies....including this one......just try to out action the others.......at the expense of the story line, sub-plots, etc. I enjoyed seeing the scenes of London......brought back a lot of memories as I had been in many of those very spots on the streets, buildings..........

While we were up there, after the movie, we went over to Penny's to shop just a minute or two for the 1st Lady. AND......WOW.......what a rain storm they experienced while we were inside. TONS of rain came down with high, blustery winds to push the sheets of rain along the streets and parking lots. BUT.....upon returning home, it looked we had only had just a wee bit up here on Buford Heights. Didn't have to water the shrubs/plants, but not enough to even make the tiniest of dents in the amount of moisture we sooooo desperately need here.

And soooooo.........this ends post 2001!!!! And, as has always been the case ever since post #1.....

LIFE IS GREAT.......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: