Sunday, August 12, 2007

103+ actual degrees..........in the SE Misery Desert

And hotter than that in the next three days!!!!! The outside thermometer on our car registered 107 degrees at 4pm this afternoon.....UGH!!!! WHEW!!!

My usual Sunday morning talking head shows were interesting as I sipped my French Roast coffee....freshly ground.....in the coolness of our media room. The 1st Lady had gone to church this morning....and then when she returned from the early morning contemporary Methodist service, I also had the STL Post-Dispatch to digest as the morning wore on.

The afternoon was for staying inside......and so I did!! I spent a great afternoon........just reading!!! Yep......something different for me.....a bit of silence and many chapters slipped by as I kept from being interrupted during that time. The 1st Lady was doing some bookkeeping for Dr. Jeni's husband, Darrel........and for his business which is really, really doing well with this heat. He repairs incapacitated air conditioners in heavy equipment units and other mobile units.....and he does it "on the road"......where they are "broken down". A GREAT business to own with all of this heat!!

Late afternoon, Dr. Jeni, Darrel and girls arrived for a quick visit as they had been close by visiting old friends overnight. We had a good visit.........the girls were hyper, as usual, and that just makes them that much cuter. They LOVE to play on the grand piano.....and always want me to "give them a piano lesson"......so I oblige them, of course. Actually, Meghan is in need of a piano as her interest in learning is really peaking.......and now is the time to start those lessons.

They left for home rather late.....so the girls had their bath before loading up and departing.....and that, too, is always a fun time for them.......and Grammy.

Tomorrow, after completing our discussions with our travel agent in New Jersey and getting our names on the dotted line........I have to check with the eye glass place here in town where I got my glasses. I am STILL having difficulty seeing......at least seeing the way I should be seeing...and not struggling to get things aligned properly by moving my head a certain way....or moving a book up/down, side to side. I think the glasses are just tooooooo narrow, vertically, for the progressive lenses to be as effective as they should be.......so, gotta discuss this tomorrow. It has been a week since I picked them up, so my eyes should be making the adjustments to the new lenses.....but........well, I'm just not satisfied!!

Tomorrow, the 1st Lady has a dental appt. with Dr. Jeni, so we will leave before lunch for her dental offices. Think we will overnight at their place in the countryside......and then go on to Monroe City to visit and check on the 1st Lady's mother. From there we will most likely go to Eldon so I can get the house that was my mother's.....listed officially with a realty agency. While we are gone for a few days.....I may be, and will be, out of touch with cyberspace and therefore, my posts will be much more erratic than usual.

Keep checking.......I'll be on here when I can......and as always.....

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: