Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Monday doings....post #2

As usual the day sped by with terrible speed. After lunch I went to pick up my new glasses......! Well, I KNOW that it takes time to adjust to new glasses....I remember all tooooo well after the last pair I had made, but oh my............these just don't seem to be doing the job!!!!!

For distance, they are great! However......the up close progressive part of the lenses just doesn't seem to be correct. I cannot see to read one line in a book by just moving my eyes from side to side.......it becomes very blurred. And.....it is extremely difficult to use this lappie and not have the words blurred from what I would call a NORMAL distance from my eyes to the monitor screen.

The look is good....at least I think so.......but as I wrote about in a previous post, Function must take priority over Great Looks/Aesthetics!!! Oh yeah.....I sure as hell NEED "Great Looks".....something I have never had, but do I want to be blind as a damn bat just so I might look a small tad better???? I THINK NOT!!!!

I will give them a few days and see if I adjust, and I promise to keep an open mind about this, but if I can't read or see because it is blurred.....well, then I will take them back and make some changes or have another exam! I'll keep you posted on this.......if I can see the screen of the lappie!

Spent an hour with my good friend.....Michael Goldsmith.....over at his home. I brought some Cafe Du Monde coffee and a box of the beignet mixture to be made at home.....just for him and Melissa to enjoy and I took it over to him. He spent quite a bit of time keeping my flowers alive during this horrendous drought and heat here in SE Misery..........and I sooooo appreciate him doing this for me. I know he loves is coffee just as I do......in fact.........hmmmmm.....I am probably the person responsible for him becoming addicted to dark roasted coffee! Our lives have become so intertwined over the years.....from the days when he was a sixth grade student of mine, his great friendship with my oldest son which brought him to our house sooooooo much over their high school years, his incredible talent for musical performance, and then as good friends over the past 20 years since he graduated from high school. Of course, he is F'town because he took the job as my assistant/associate band director prior to my retirement. I often wonder where our lives will find us next...........

And so.........I close this as I am running the water to our butterfly bush which is drooping with the heat/drought. This week is going to be a hot one......so will be watering more of the shrubs and bushes during the week.

Even though I am still tired from yesterday's return trip......

LIFE IS GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: