Monday, August 20, 2007

RAIN......OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After trying and trying and trying today, it finally RAINED TONIGHT!!!!! Not much, but it was enough to hear it pounding on the roof and bouncing against the windows looking out over the patio! WOW..........will I have to mow tomorrow???? HEEHEE!!!! I doubt it.

Today? Hmmmmm.....just what the hell did I do all day????? I spent some more time with the family photos....and just generally spent most of the time doing research on the places we will be seeing and visiting on our trip to Egypt and Jordan. There is sooooo damn much to learn about what we will see......and the customs of the two countries......and the food....and the people.....and the clothing to take....and....and....and....and....... it is never ending! These next two months will absolutely fly by!!!

I did return to where I got my new glasses this afternoon. Yep......they are not working properly and I am sometimes feeling like I am looking out at an Impressionistic painting that moves!!! Soooo, another eye exam, more checking on the new specs, and then finally a decision to have my glasses returned to the eye lab for testing to see if they are made correctly. Soooo, I am back in my old broken-framed glasses......the ones with the scotch tape on the bridge.....hahaha.

This evening.....well, I found a completely new website that I am sooooo excited about. It is the Virtual Tourist.....VirtualTourist.com and I spent hours on it this evening. There is sooooooooo much info and pictures and message forums and ways to organize this info........WOW...WOW!!!! It is a REAL...WOW site for travelers. If you haven't visited this site......and you love to travel ANY place in the world/USA.......get yourself to this site!!

My eyes are worn out....old glasses.....new exciting website to read......that I am going to close this for this evening. I have so much to discuss, to talk about, to ramble along about......but, not tonight........even though:

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!....And I hope it is for all of you, also!!! (Remember: Life is tooo short to stay in one place)

1 comment:

Stephen Emlund said...

Hey Mr. Howser,

Ryan Firebaugh and I drove by your house while we were "cruising" around Fredericktown this weekend. It reminded me of all those early marching band rehearsals. Fun Fun.