Saturday, August 11, 2007

Two busy days.........

Ahhhh.......last night was a late night and by the time I got ready to write......my mind had turned to the mushiest it has been in a long time.....sooooooo, you had to wait until this evening.....

We visited with Mike yesterday afternoon and evening and had a good time!! He seemed chipper and so much was discussed concerning many topics. And, as I said, it was a late night before returned here to the stick and brick.

Today.....well, another hot one. My lawn is no longer a lawn, but a brown, crunchy desert!!! I can't remember when, or even IF, it has ever been this brown and dead. And still....the hot temps persist and will be with us, so "they" say, until late next week.....without any moisture. I am now working hard to save my flowers....my azaleas....my hostas....my decorative grasses.....everything is now in jeopardy! I have put a lot of $$$ into the plants and shrubs here in the yard.....and I'm not sure they will survive this heat and drought. Very, very upsetting!

The 1st Lady and I were supposed to go to Eldon this morning, but things just didn't work out like we had planned. Sooooo, we spent the day cleaning out a closet and storing more "stuff" securely so it could be put away in the garage on the shelving there.

This evening.......AFTER I spent 45 minutes in my watering of everything.......we watched a DVD...."The Good Shepherd" with Matt Damon. What an interesting.....and a bit depressing.....movie. I'm afraid there is toooooooo much truth in this movie which then leaves me thinking about other incidents in the past 40 years or so..............check it out, if you haven't already seen it. Be aware.....it is a lengthy movie!!!

Had a call from Andrew G.........and enjoyed hearing about his day at the wineries in the Hermann area. Would love to have been there, even in this heat........I soooo enjoy wineries, as well as the wine! Haha........my dark red medicine is a staple in my life!!!

And so......a very uninteresting day(s) in my Life for all of you. Hang in there......things will get better!!! I may even get on my soapbox again before long to rant and rave about some heated topic, so drop back by............you never know! And....as always....

Life IS GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: