Wednesday, August 08, 2007

HOT!!!!!!

It was hot when I got out of the horizontal position........and it is still hot now that it is time to return to that horizontal position!!!! Temp today reached: 99 degrees/104 heat index........not a very comfy day.

This morning after having my French Roast coffee...INSIDE.....and then another cup or two......I found myself just not doing much of anything! I spent some time reading the morning newspapers.....and before long....I switched gears and began pulling together the research that I had been doing on tours to Egypt. I emailed the company that I feel the best about.....and later this afternoon I received a call from them.

The 1st Lady had a committee meeting for her Beta Sigma Phi Sorority ......a luncheon meeting down at the city center. All the time she was gone, I continued to pull together some facts, plans, and dollar figures on the trip........and so when she returned, I was ready to answer most of her questions.

I did ask the company which has their American office in New Jersey.......if there was anyway we might be able to spend longer than just a portion of a morning at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. One whole day would not be enough, never mind a couple of hours in the morning!!! He said we would need a private tour in order to do that....and I am going to pursue that statement when I talk with him tomorrow.

We continue to get comments from friends when they learn we are going to Egypt/Jordan, about if we have security fears. NOPE........not at all!!!! With everything that I read on the many message boards online concerning travel in both countries......the security there is tight and well planned out. Here in the US of A we only....ONLY....hear about an incident or two.....and we NEVER hear about the thousands of tourists and travelers from all over the world who are in Egypt each and every day, visiting the ancient sites, crusing down/up the Nile, and enjoying the friendliness of the Egyptian people. The negatives always get in the news, don't they???

We had hoped to have Michael Goldsmith over for dinner this evening.......a dinner that was to feature a dish he has been wanting to sample for a LONG TIME.....several years. However, it was not to be as he had way tooooo much work to complete before tomorrow dawns....and so, once again, we will have to find a compatible date for all of us. Ahhhhh....how difficult that becomes!!!

We rented a video tonight: "Children of Men"..........interesting, but rather depressing to say the least. Not certain if I liked it or not.......??? One of THOSE kind of movies.......

And so.....another day in August has gone by.........and it certainly makes me exceedingly happy that I am retired....and that I don't have to return to school next week!!!!!!!!!!! "HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!" And....with that in mind, of course.....

Life IS Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: