Wednesday, August 01, 2007

TWO days of busy, busy, busy.......and leaving tomorrow..

It never ends!!! How in the hell did I EVER, EVER get everything done before I retired????? For the last 6 years while I am in the stick and brick it is constant go, go, go to get all of the requirements of just living from day to day.....done!!!!! DAMN!!!! Surely I am not slowing down in my OLD age....????????!!!! THAT can't be it...........(can it?)!

Yesterday has already found it's hiding place in my memory(good excuse, huh?).......but a brief synopsis is after my two mile walk with the 1st Lady during the early morning stillness......we spent most of the day boxing up pictures, Asian wood carvings from my early Life of years ago, yearbooks, etc., etc. ....things that have been laying/hanging around and need to be put away on a semi-permanent basis. And.....that takes time. The 1st Lady all of a sudden decided to begin to organize ALL of the hundreds of pictures of our three children.....actually four, as our oldest daughter(she would be 41 now) died at age 8 of a completely unknown cause........and so that slowed things down considerably and we didn't get it all done. Does that surprise you?

After some very good sandwiches for a light supper, I decided to wash the Park Avenue and when I finished that, I decided to wax it!! Oh yeah.......my energy level descended quite quickly.....and by dusk I still had a little bit to complete. WELL......the entire process of the entire busy day wiped me out and by 10pm I was in bed in my horizontal position.

This morning.....another good two mile power walk and then a few runs to town to pay bills and save the stamps...haha. Did I really save anything by using the gasoline for the car??? I did get the car waxing job finished after our walk, though.

The afternoon .....and I was busy getting my clothes ready to head south in the MORNING to Baton Rouge and New Orleans for the weekend. I made my usual check-list.........always do that and yet, I often overlook something. The LAST thing I always make certain I do is to TURN ON THE BURGLAR ALARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, that is never forgotten......

My yard man.......a wonderful guy lovingly called "Goldie".......is going to take care of my flowers/shrubs during this horrific drought around here. Sure hope no matches are lit around here because the entire Buford Heights would go up in flames......the grass is sooooooo damn dry! You know....."Goldie" is a great name for him because that describes him really well........he is such a great guy that he is worth a lot of gold!!!!

We are leaving around 6:30 in the morning........and with luck, we will be down there in about 10 hours......only 600 miles, give or take a few. We will be in Baton Rouge tomorrow night where Jeremy lives/works. Then we will go on to N Orleans...about 60 miles.....to our hotel, the St. Pierre Hotel in the Fr. Quarter, two blocks off of Bourbon. Anxious to see this hotel.....a group of small buildings around a courtyard.....and some of them were buildings for slaves quarters. It will be hot and HUMID......not my favorite weather as you know from reading my posts.....but being in N.O. will offset the weather problems, I hope!! I LOVE N.O.........and it has been way too long since I was last there, five years ago this past weekend. (Remember your 21st birthday, Andy???)

And so.......I will close this double posting.....and will write from Baton Rouge tomorrow evening. Hope to have pictures if we get to do any looking around the capitol of Louisiana.......and with a trip about to occur for this sagging hulk of me, of COURSE......:

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: