Sunday, August 19, 2007

Another day of reviewing the pictoral history of our family.....

The day dawned cloudy and muggy, even with the dry desert-like conditions in almost everyone's yard............they crunch like sand, and they have the same tan/brown color of sand. The dirt is concrete-like......soooo very hard! And.......the forecast rain for this afternoon???? A few drops that mercifully fell from the sky.....but there were not enough drops to even get the arms on my patio chairs wet......DAMN!!!! It thundered, it became dark and storm-like.......and then it was all over and finished..........just like my desert-yard is!

Most of the day was, as stated above, a day of reviewing MORE pictures.....boxes and boxes that my sister gave to me yesterday......and attempting to cull out the ones that I want to keep, along with more pictures that I need to send to friends and relatives. WOW........when will this never-ending trip of memories come to a closure?? Hmmmm..........I doubt that it will very soon because the pictures that I keep will then have to be dealt with and will have to be organized either for albums or CD's for safe-keeping. WHEN???????????

I also spent quite a bit of time researching, again, trip cancellation insurance plans and costs. This takes time......and patience to wade through the fine print to make certain I am going to get exactly what I WANT from this policy......and then factor in the costs involved for each of the policies. And.....in most cases, I have only one week left......as there are several companies that only give 14 days from the time that the initial deposit is sent IF they are going to cover pre-existing conditions. OK......I KNOW, I KNOW.....I have to get this done....THIS WEEK!!

This evening.......well, we both really enjoy HGTV's "Design Star" program which we get at 8pm. We both love this type of show......especially when it pertains to home/room designs! Hmmmmm........I wonder why!!??

Tomorrow, I have to FAX tons of paperwork to the real estate office in Eldon so that I can get the house listed officially. Then I have to see about getting an appt. to get some shots for the 1st Lady and myself......nothing that is required for the trip, but a couple of shots that we would like to have.......just for a bit of extra peace of mind.........is that possible????

I have been lax about getting some pictures posted on here......and will try to get some tomorrow, however nothing exciting or new has happened that needs to be shared. Perhaps I can come up with some from the pictures I have been reviewing????? Hmmmm.........that's a good thought! Some pictures that would show that......at any age or generation.....

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: