Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Nothng new.......it just remains HOT!!

Another great temperature MORNING......and so, the 1st Lady and I took our two mile power walk.......and it was refreshing and I very good way to begin the day. A quick cool shower, two cups of French Roast coffee, and I began to check the tires on TheHowserHouse to prepare it for a short trip to Griffon's Trailer Sales.

I talked with Bruce, the owner and a F'town resident.....and he told me to bring up and leave for a few days. I need to have the entertainment slide adjusted as it doesn't open completely on the lower left side, leaving about a four inch gap at the bottom in that lower left corner. THEN......a hold-over from the "powder post beetle saga".........I needed to have the molding on the dining room slide...just the left side.....replaced as there are a couple of small holes in it that appear to be the same thing as what happened to the dining room table and chairs last winter when we were in Arizona. The Cedar Creek factory had supplied me with the molding......at no charge.....just as the did the table and chair replacements..........so, Griffon's will remove the "holey" one.....and install the new molding.

Returning south, I stopped in Farmington for a much, much, much needed haircut......ALL 69 graying hairs on my head. I always try to count as the "hairdresser" cuts each one to make certain that she doesn't miss any one of them!!!!! Then......a quick trip to the Wally World SuperCenter there..........to get a few items that our local SMALL supercenter doesn't stock.

Then it was back to Buford Heights.......about 1pm by that time. The rest of the HOT afternoon was spent relaxing and reading..........just wish I had my new glasses, or at least.....new glasses that I can see out of!!!!! Sure getting sick of this ordeal.....................

This evening the 1st Lady prepared some wonderful pork chops...boneless.....along with mushrooms and a great sauce. We also had fresh corn on the cob and fresh tomatoes.......and, OF COURSE......I had to have a dose or two of my dark red medicine which makes the dinner taste much better!

A bit disappointed this evening.......the tellie channel "FX" is not airing the next segment of "Damages" tonight........DAMN IT!!!! It is a really interesting show......with Glenn Close in the main role.......quite an intriguing plot and one which always creates much discussion among the family members.....at least, mine!

And so.......wasn't it a really, really interesting day????????????????????????? Don't you wish you could have been here to experience this day with me?????? And you know what.........as it looks now, tomorrow may be just the same! Don't miss it...........come experience it with me....because.....

LIFE IS GREAT!!!.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning John,

Have wanted to do this all summer. We met with you and a few other couples,Jim and Rosie, for breakfast while in the valley.

Love reading your blog. Have not got to camp hardly any this summer because the creek has been in the shop. The slide messed up bad and the refrigerator. Allen is going over to pick it up today. Maybe we will camp in the near future. Too late to think about it now as I am sure all the campgrounds are full for Labor Day.

Have a great day,

Linda