Friday, August 17, 2007

Thursday post on Friday.....a day behind, again!

THURSDAY………

WOW……..hard to believe, but we actually had rain this morning!!!!!! High winds ripped through here (Monroe City) brining cooler temps and then a few rain drops here in town. BUT…….as the 1st Lady and I headed for Quincy, IL to do some shopping, we ran through hard rains just east of town……..such an strange sight after all of these weeks in SE Misery without a drop!!!!!!

We spent the majority of the day in Quincy……not for anything specific, but just to look around. We did pick up a few items that were on sale……some “desert” clothes for our trip.

We had a great little, late lunch at Panera Bread there….and that is where I posted my Wednesday thoughts for all of you out there. We came back to her mother’s home late afternoon and just enjoyed the cooler temps, albeit rather cloudy. NOT a problem with that in my book!!!

After a light supper, we went out to the countryside where the 1st Lady’s brother and wife lives. He had said he LOTS of tomatoes……and OMG, but does he ever!!!!! HUGE plants that are as tall as I am….and there were 21 one of them ……..ALL sagging with the most beautiful looking tomatoes. Soooo, took a box and brought back quite a few nice ones for eating…….I LOVE FRESH TOMATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The evening was spent just doing nothing…….I read for about three hours…….a publication by Lonely Planet on Egypt. Soooo much to learn and prepare myself for…….their ancient gods, history, etc., etc.

We did get our flight schedule from the tour company STI-TRAVEL. I was not happy with the short time that we were given for the connection in NYC, so I called them and they happily accommodated my request to make an earlier departure from STL for JFK in NYC. Now we may have toooo many hours to spend, but we might take a cab into Manhattan and spend some time there enjoying the energy of that great city.

And so…….tomorrow, Friday, we are going to leave and go to Eldon and the Lake of the Ozarks for a “business” trip…..to list the housed with a realty company there. Will overnight there at a hotel and then return to F’town and our stick and brick on Saturday……ending another week of being away from there. But…..

Life is Great…..and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: