Thursday, August 02, 2007

Baton Rouge.......and a Long Day!!

WOW......I haven't been vertical at 5:00AM for ages and ages......and I was soooo damn surprised at how many others were up and driving by the stick and brick this morning. I already had the coffee on automatic so by the time I was out of the shower, the Fr. Roast aroma had filled the house....THANK GOD!!!!

We left at 6:30 and after 589 miles and 9.5 hours on the road, we arrived in the eastern part of Baton Rouge and found our hotel. It was an easy trip down.......the only problem being that I had not driven that far in one day for a few years........with TheHowserHouse in tow I never drive more than 350 miles each day. Well....I was....and still am.....really tired. Guess I need to drive some more long distance days more frequently....HA!

It rained a little as we arrived so we didn't head for the outdoor pool. At least the rain washed away some of the 96 degree heat!! Called Jeremy and he said it would be at least 7pm before he could get out of the campaign office so we just laid around and got a bit of rest.

He came to the hotel about 7:30....and then off we went to see the city center, the Capitol, the LSU campus, etc., etc. A general tour of the town!!! We finally decided it was time for dinner.......after all, it was almost 9:30pm. So.....we settled on "Ribs".....and it was great choice. All kinds of ribs prepared in different styles. We all three had different kinds and my "Memphis" style was voted the BEST by all of us......and they were EXCELLENT! I also had some red beans and rice.....a cajun specialty that I really enjoyed.

Returning to the hotel, we made plans for the weekend. Jeremy will go with us to N Orleans in the morning as he has a meeting in Chaumette(sp?)....a suburb of N.O. Then he will stay with us for the weekend at the Hotel St. Pierre in the Quarter.

And so......I am closing this down for the night. EXHAUSTED!!!! But.....as always....

Life is GREAT....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: