Monday, August 27, 2007

WOW.......I feel like I am becoming Bi-polar......

Hey....I never did get back and finish my posting for yesterday......did I?? Oh well.....nothing too much of importance happening here with me that needs to be told to the cyberspace world!! We did spend the afternoon and early evening visiting with our son, Mike.

Today......it was only 60 degrees this morning, so......the 1st Lady and I were off on a much needed power walk.......we have not taken one during these past 2-3 weeks of the horrible heat and humidity. If felt really good to get those leg muscles going....!!

THEN.....after my French Roast coffee....almost 3 cups.....I listened to the tellie news and heard about our Attorney General resigning..........wow!!! It is certainly about time he is replaced.....one way or the other!!!!!!!!!

I then left and went back to the eye glasses shop, after a quick stop at Goldie's home to take him a few documents. As usual, he was working away.............ahhhhh, the energies of the youthful 30's!!

Back to the glasses saga: I spent almost 45 minutes in there describing the blurriness I experience with my new glasses.......for the second time around. I talked for some time with the optomistrist and took a couple more little eye tests with my new glasses on. LONG story short: a different pair of lenses will be made again. WHEW.......this is getting to be a drawn out affair....just getting some new glasses. However........driving back from seeing Mike yesterday was pure HELL!!!! Moving my eyes over to the rear view mirror....everything is totally blurry....like looking at something while underwater!! So, I exchanged and put on my old glasses without moving my head once inch either way......and the blurriness was GONE!!! SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THOSE NEW GLASSES.........DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to TheHowserHouse...stick/brick one.......and soon I was on the phone to India again.....trying to get my new "All-in-One" HP printer to do a scan. The young man in India....he couldn't get it fixed over the phone...actually, don't think he knew a damn thing about the problem, so he is having their "top engineer" call me........YEAH, SURE!!!! Each time I have called them the past few days......I have had to chuckle when the service guy introduces himself: "My name is John"......or "Mike"......or "Mark".......or "Sam"......today's repair man!!! Now I know damn well that no one in India is given those names........!!

Then.....I spent mucho time reading blogs of those lucky ones who are traveling in Egypt and Jordan.........and after a couple of hours, I was then reading forums and message boards of RV'ers....on RV.Net. As I said above, I think I am becoming bi-polar........jumping from international travel forums and blogs to rv forums and blogs!!!! I spent a bit of time in TheHowserHouse on wheels this afternoon, also.......checking things out, running the dependable gennie for an hour, keeping the a/c on while running the gennie to pull it down some so it will work for me, taking a few things out of the basement, etc., etc., etc. Oh....yeah, putting in some fluid for the hydraulics which was getting low.

And now.......the heat has gone from a high of 96 degrees this afternoon to 85 degrees.....WOW, a big drop.....HA!!!!

I also spent some time visiting with my very good friend, Andrew Gipson on the phone. Think he might have been thinking that I was in the necessary room doing a LONG, LONG No. one........hahaha, as I was out side watering my plants and shrubs, so the sound from the hose of water dribbling out might have made him wonder!!!!! Guess he thinks I have a LARGE bladder!!!!! Always.....ALWAYS great to chat with him so we do not get together ever........and we used to never let hardly a week go by without having a drink or dinner somewhere. But, times change......and the best way is to just get on the phone and chat awhile...........after we have played phone tag for a few days trying to catch each other. I miss seeing you, Andrew!!

And so.....another day of my Life has become history.......UGH. Think that the history book of my Life is getting to 3/4's completion........time just goes toooooo damn fast. But, nevertheless.......each and every day finds for me that......

LIFE IS GREAT.......and, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: