Thursday, August 16, 2007

Post for Wednesday........a day behind!

WEDNESDAY………..

These posts are not being published on the day they are written due to the fact that I do not have access to cyberspace from where we are staying here in Monroe City. And…..I cannot find any place to piggyback on except by driving to Hannibal to the Quality Inn and Suites. I DID do that this morning…..sitting in the lobby for an hour……and catching up on many, many emails.

After leaving the Quality Inn….the 1st Lady and I went on in to Hannibal and did some shopping at Penny’s and, the obligatory trip to Wal-Mart Supercenter. Been looking for some long pants…….don’t know when I have worn long pants this summer……that are cotton that I can wear to Egypt. Found a couple of pair…..cheap enough and if I get camel dung on them, I can just dispose of them when I get back here to the States.

The 1st Lady cannot wear anything that exposes her shoulders, except when we are on the Nile cruise ship. Sooooo, she, too, is looking for some clothes that are cool but not exposing much skin.

Returning to Monroe City the middle of the afternoon, we just remained inside as the temp was 105 by 3:30pm……and remained hovering around that mark until early evening……HOT!!!!

I immersed myself in a really good book……..just a “fun” novel……and continued to read until almost 10pm. Needless to say……..that was MY day!!! However, reading again for the first time in many moons helped to make certain today that……

Life IS Great…..and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: