Sunday, August 26, 2007

A FEW hours late.....

Yep....I just didn't get my post written last night (Sat)..........I became involved in reading the novel that I am currently "in"......and didn't get back to this little lappie. SORRY!

This morning I am sitting in front of the plasma, listening/watching the morning talking heads, and now writing this at the same time. MULTI-TASKING!!!!!! And, watch out! I don't do that as well as I used to do a few years ago as a band director.......hahaha!!

And....speaking of band directors........yesterday I had a wonderful couple of hours with a former student of mine who is now a very successful band director himself!!! We had not been together for over a year.....time DOES pass by quickly......and since he was in town to visit his family, he dropped by with his computer for some of my French Roast coffee and some catching up on each other lives.

Chuck Lee.....a F'town HS grad of '92......is now the band director at Jennings HS in STL.....and his dedication is seeing great results with his growing band program there. He took his band to Orlando over their spring break this past March......and performed at Universal City. After seeing the pictures of his trip.......I KNOW that it was a great time AND such a wonderful experience for his students......one that the kids will never forget!!! As always, when being a band director, the success of a band(program) is the direct result of a talented and highly dedicated teacher along with the support of the school district and parents. I am certainly proud of his hard work........with his drive and talent I always knew he would be a really outstanding band director.......and he is WELL on his way to being just that!!!

Yesterday morning, the 1st Lady made a trip to Cape to spend some time with Rachel.....and I continued to sort through the boxes of pictures from my Mother's things. JUST ABOUT to get it all done.......as I did get two more envelopes ready to mail to friends/relatives with pictures that I think/hope they will enjoy. SOON, I hope, I will have these boxes out of the media room......to where, I'm not yet sure. THAT is the problem........how can these pictures....the thousands of them....just be tossed into the trash? I wrestle with this problem in my mind each and every day.............HELP.!!!!!

What am I reading???? Well, I have several things going right now.....always have more than one "reading" project going on at the same time. Currently, I am reading material on Egypt, the ancient Library of Alexandria, travel insurance policies, and the book "The Alexandria Link"....a fiction novel but with a great deal of non-fictional facts inserted into the plot of this book. Interestingly......it was just published this year.

Some of my above readying materials obviously has to do with my upcoming journey to NE Africa and the Middle East. I am like a sponge.......soaking up as much as I can about the history and culture of Egypt/Jordan......an almost impossible task as their histories go back soooooo far.

Well......more later........I hope! And.....on a beautiful, but getting hotter, Sunday morning....

Life IS Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: