Friday, February 26, 2010

Days 56/57, Feb 25-26, 2010: Two days of......catch-up!

Yesterday......Thursday, I awakened and felt mucho better. Went downstairs, fixed my Fr. Roast coffee, and enjoyed the beginning of the return of my normal health status. I looked outside and saw that our next door neighbors, Randy and Debbie who are from the state of New York, were just about ready to pull out and begin their trip over to south of Tampa, Florida. Sooooo, I went outside, walked over, and we chatted briefly, as I knew they had their prescribed routine to do to finish getting closed up, hooked up, and ready to roll. Before very much longer, they were ready to go, and as they began to pull out, I ran out to grab a couple of more pictures, having taken one of the two of them when we first chatted. The 1st Lady came out quickly and they stopped and Debbie and Marsha chatted for just a moment before they pulled on out into the street......and away they went!!!!! We were saddened to see them leave, even tho we are leaving on Sunday.......we had just enjoyed the two of them soooooo much and felt like we really got to know them......two new friends that we hope we can maintain contact with as our Lives go "down the road".

Returning inside TheHowserHouse to finish my coffee, I rejoiced again at how good I was feeling. Sooooo....as the morning went by, I decided that I would go outside and work on getting a few outdoor items stored inside the basement compartments.....all in preparation for our own departure on Sunday morning. And.....the damn winds had become stronger and stronger.......and it was quite an effort just to get the basement compartment doors to remain open as the winds were soon reaching 30 mph. Before long.....I realized that I was coughing my head off....my nose was like two faucets turned wide open. Sooooo, I decided to quit and get back inside....as all of a sudden my "feeling good" turned to "beginning to fell bad" again!!!! DAMN!!!!

And........for the remainder of the day, I found myself staying out of those murderous Texas winds, trying to shelter myself from them, as I found my congestion in my lungs was loosening quite a bit, but my head was now quite filled up......UGH!!!! The day progressed rather quickly.....and I just kept my aging body "cooped up" like a recluse!

Late afternoon, the 1st Lady and I did go over to the Porter's Phaeton(motorcoach brand) and sat outside in front of their coach to block the winds...........discussing the Health Care Reform Summit, comparing our health care to the health care in Canada...specifically the Province of Alberta where they live. Each province has a different health care plan from their respective provincial governments.......and in our discussions, we compared our costs to their costs, our "waiting periods" for appointments for those not in danger of death, and many other issues. All said, we pay twice as much as they do for our insurances for myself, the 1st Lady, and my Medicare. And.......the "waiting times" are not that much different. Hmmmm...........I find myself thinking about the tons and tons of "horror stories" that we are "fed" down here by sooooo many who wish to keep the status quo here in the states.........! As it began to cool down, we moved inside their coach and played a couple of games until darkness descended.

Returning to our RV.......we just kicked back and I laid on the sofa for the remainder of the evening.....not feeling too good, but wanting to watch the Olympics......particularly the figure skating finals. I think it was the best skating of any Olympic finals in ladie's figure skating that I can remember......with the Korean young lady just doing an amazing job.....WOW!!!!

FRIDAY, FEB. 26:

WOW.....this morning I felt even better!!!!! Almost as good as ever!!!!!! Sooooo, after the 1st Lady was up, I quickly took care of the morning rituals.....and we then threw our bag chairs into the back of the truck, picked up Doug/Diane with their chairs, and we all had bags of "nibblies" and our wine, as we all invited to the RV of Tom and Pat, following the morning square dance.

Ahhhh....we had such incredible fun at the dance this morning. And, as it finished, we had many of our friends come over to wish us farewell, knowing that this was our last dance this winter down here! From there......we went over to Trophy Garden's RV Park.....to the site of Tom/Pat's motorhome. Charlie/Katherine and Dave/Jean were also there........as well as "Petie"...their gorgeous Macaw!!!! He very quickly became the "star" of the afternoon's party!!!!!!! So beautiful, soooo friendly, and soooo enjoyable to watch and to "play" with!!!

We were there all afternoon, having a few drinks, eating waaaayyyyy too many nibblies, and just having a wonderful, laughing afternoon together. We "toured" their motorhome......a beautiful coach.....just a wonderful way to enjoy Life in retirement.

It was sooooo hard to say goodbyes this afternoon.......we have all grown soooooo close this year, just like members of one extended family!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who have not had the opportunity to spend time here in the RGV with soooooo many others who come from the states and Canada to winter down here.......you cannot possibly imagine in your minds what it really is like down here.....the fun, the day-to-day living down here, the fabulous fun times, but....most of all the "rest of our lives" friends that we make, that we enjoy, that we love sooooo much. There is absolutely no place like this.......and there absolutely no group of people like those of us who winter down here in our RV's!!!!!!! WOW.....WOW....WOW....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooo, two days of Life wrapped into one post tonight!!!! I am really torn about having to leave this place.........love it here soooooo much!!!!!

LIFE IS JUST ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!!......And,, I hope it is for ALL of you, also!!!!!!!

No comments: