Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 55, Feb 24, 2010: Too busy for my own good.........

Since this is actually Thurs morning.....I will just briefly touch on yesterday. The sun was out, the skies were blue, and the winds were not bad....at all. I really thought I was feeling better so the 1st Lady and I went over to Pharr to the square dance which we usually attend. Ok.......

It was great to see our friends that we have not seen since I became ill!! However, after the 1st tip, I really was dizzy and had to sit out the next tip as I was really short of breath.......still too much congestion, I guess. Soooo, we did dance most of the morning, but I was not feeling that good.....and, actually got to feeling worse.

BUT.....we had planned to go to Mexico for the final time this winter to pick up a few items. 35 minutes later from when we left the dance, we were walking across the Rio Grande River into Mexico. We did some shopping.....slowly, as not only was I dragging my body from place to place, but there were thousands of Americans of ALL ages over there yesterday.....very young and very old, children being pushed in strollers and seniors being pushed in wheel chairs. (I began to think perhaps I needed one of those mobile conveniences as I walked more).

We went straight to the Red Snapper, we were seated within five minutes, even with the huge crowds that were there enjoying the live music and the outstanding Mexican meals!!! Great fried shrimp, even tho the batter was a bit too thick for my liking.....it was great when hot, but mushy when it cooled down. However, the shrimp without the batter was VERY fresh and the shrimp were butterflied and very big.....!!!!!

We walked the main street, shopping......making purchases from a new sq. dance skirt for the 1st Lady, a bottle of "1921" Creme de Tequila for friends of ours in Misery, a bottle of Tequila for ourselves, a gift for the upcoming birthday of one of our granddaughters, some vanilla for the 1st Lady's sister, some vanilla beans for ourselves, some snacks for Happy Hours, another bottle of Z-pack meds, and several other items. As it was our hands were full of bags, as well as my dayback on my back!

We were there longer than usual......and didn't get to the border until after 5pm. Very few people were on the US side going through Passport Control.....and with only a couple of friendly questions, we breezed on through......getting back to TheHowserHouse about 10 minutes later.

A quick trip over to the Porter's Phaeton for a review of our day and their day, a glass of wine for the 1st Lady and Doug/Diane.....I sipped on water as I have not had any alcohol since I started taking meds for this Texas Crud. And then.......we returned to our RV to settle in for the evening Olympics show.

Not feeling good,...NOT AT ALL......I didn't write this little blog. Enough said.....I, all my Life, have not enjoyed being around people who talk about nothing beside their ills and illnesses.....so enough said from this sagging hulk of Me!

REALLY enjoyed the Canada victory over Russia in hockey last night. Sure hope we meet them in the finals?????!!!!!

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: