Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 46, Feb. 15, 2010: A day of just laying around......

WOW......right at midnight last night, the winds began hitting us really hard.......and the RV was shaking around a bit. And.....the temps then dropped during the night, so that by this morning it was down to 42 degrees. The sun did arrive and all day long it was a nice day, just really cool. Freeze warnings have been issued for tonight....down to four hours of 28 degrees.....DAMN!!!!!

I had a slight headache all night long....enough that it awakened me several times during the night, so it was not a restful night sleep. This morning.......well, you know how it is when you have a problem to be resolved.....and that is the way it was with me this morning. Yesterday, one of friends informed me that as he had followed me back to TheHowserHouse from the Rec Hall, my underneath spare tire was moving and wobbling around as I drove!!! Soooooo.......

I attempted to tighten the tire back up against the underneath side of the truck, but it couldn't be done. Doug came over, tried to do it, and he, too, was unsuccessful in getting it raised and tight, soooooo.......with him following me in his car, we went into Weslaco and I stopped at the Firestone Store....a quite large store with several repair bays on the back. Well, I talked with the young man running the counter....and he immediately came out, took the tool that comes with the truck to raise and lower the spare tire.....made a couple of adjustments with the tool by shortening it.....and...VOILA!!!!!! He had the tire snug against the bottom of the truck! All it takes is knowing just WHAT to do....haha!!!

Soooo, back to the resort I came......and, from that point on, I just sort of laid around the RV.....trying to get the headache to disappear. During the afternoon, I napped as I watched the Olympics......and, finally by about 5pm, it was getting better. Diane and the 1st Lady enjoyed the setting sun with wine and munchies.....and I joined them a bit later to watch the sun set behind the palm trees. WOW....did it cool down quickly!!!!!! An older couple drove by in their golf cart and stopped to visit for a few minutes.......turned out they are from Sikeston, MO....and have a home here in the resort........been coming here to the RGV for six years.

And sooooo, the 1st Lady and I have just been watching some tv.....the Olympics and other shows, switching back and forth during commercials. Tomorrow....????? We'll see what the day brings......several options for staying busy, as always.

A rather lackluster day for me......and, hopefully tomorrow won't be that way. However,.......even with a "down" day......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: