Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 54, Feb 23, 2010: And another day of this "Texas Crud".....but, a bit of improvement...

OK......another day of hanging out here in TheHowserHouse, trying to isolate myself from our friends, but also just trying to lots of rest and be able to rid my sagging hulk of Me of this congestion. Yes......as I said, I do feel better than yesterday......but by this time this evening, I am worn down from coughing, even tho it is much less than yesterday. And......the "crud" is loosening....not nearly as tight and painful in those aging lungs.

As I said......I laid and sat around most of the day. An ugly one to say the least....as that damn cold front came roaring down upon us this morning....with high, strong winds blasting us between 30-40 mph ALL day long, driving the damn damp cold right through us. I did go out and set out one of the propane tanks on the side of the street as the propane company trucks come around each day and will refill your bottle right on the curb......good for them!!!! So, tonight I am really glad it is full.....and the other one is more than half full. Tonight the temps will drop into the mid-30's with these high winds continuing into the night.......BRRRRRR. Southern Texas has never been like this for soooooo long during the past three winters we have been down here.

Soooo, not much to say.......the 1st Lady did not go over to Mexico this afternoon....but, hopefully I will feel like running over there tomorrow.....sun and in the 60's......and get my hair trimmed back just a bit. I do not want to look like a peeled onion next week in Mobile, so I will have to keep a good watch to make certain the guy doesn't take off to much.

Thanks to one of my readers....and a very good friend.....I plan to apply some Vick's Vaporub on the bottom of my feet......as he sent a suggestion he had seen before. Check out the comment on yesterday's blog for this technique.......

No pictures today.........guess I have could have taken one of myself laying on the sofa????? Perhaps tomorrow........

And so.......as always, and even with this chest congestion.......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!........And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

2 comments:

Dylis Burdt said...

Hey John, I had the crud a couple of weeks ago and Claude convinced me to do the Vicks on the feet bit, and it worked great. Still have a lingering little bit of cough but not severe, I think getting good sleep rather than coughing all night really helps too. Hope you feel better soon, and if we don't see you before you head north, have a safe trip and keep in touch. Dylis and Claude

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we had the same thing. I am better, but lots of cough and congestion. Uggghhh. It has been years since I have had this crud. Hope you are feeling better now.