Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 45, February 14: Spending Valentine's Day with the 1st Lady and Fabulous Friends!!!

Valentine's Day, 2010.......and so I let the 1st Lady sleep a bit longer than usual. After her morning rituals, she came downstairs and even though I had bought her a dozen long stem red roses on Thursday, as I knew they wouldn't have any by this morning, I also had a nicely worded card for her leaning on the vase on the dining table. And then........after I finished my morning rituals, she had a card and some chocolate candy for this sagging hulk of me!!!



We spent some time around the RV this morning.....I visited with Diane for a few minutes, sitting out in the wonderful morning with such incredible sunshine and bright blue skies. Returning to our RV, I applied some sun block....SPF 50....as my aging skin is not taking kindly to this sun down here...and I don't need to increase my chances of getting skin cancer....since I have always had sunburns on my fair skin all of my Life.



The 1st Lady baked some cookies to take to the sq. dance here at Llano Grande this afternoon....as we had been requested to all "bring goodies" since it was Valentine's Day. The four of us soon left for the Rec Hall....and two fun-filled hours of dancing, interrupted for a few minutes as we all enjoyed the "goodies" that all dancers had brought.



After the dance......a Happy Hour was held at Doug/Diane's with Don/Millie(S Dakota), Tom/Pat (Kansas), Charlie/Katherine (Ontario), Claude(Quebec)/Dylis(New York).....joining us for drinks and a few snacks. But.....the conversation, the discussions, the laughter......made the afternoon slip by quickly with such soft breezes being enjoyed in the temps of the mid-70's. About 4:30pm we all left for dinner.........at:



CORTINO'S!!!!!!! This very small Italian restaurant is a wonderful place to eat some wonderful Italian food here in the RGV!!!!! No reservations could be made for this evening, but we really got lucky and were able to be seated as soon as we arrived.......ALL 12 of us!!!!! Tonight the service was really super.......a local school teacher who is working here as a second job, was our server.....and with a great personality! Our meals....well, just outstanding!! The 1st Lady and I shared the entree, as from previous dinners here, we knew that we could not eat the entire salad, entree, etc. individually. Soooo, we shared the entree, ordered individual salads, and then shared a dessert. We ordered the Seafood Combination: Shrimp, scallops, and mussels on a large bed of linguine!!! OMG.......OMG....it was THE BEST!!!!!! The mussels were HUGE and sooooooo great. The creamy alfredo sauce did not smother everything, but made it very moist and soooooo tasty!!!! It was a perfect meal for us.....and the evening made it just a perfect ending to a incredible Valentine's Day......spending and sharing this day with our friends.

It has been an amazing day.....beautiful weather, great fun, and all enjoyed with our friends here in the RGV!!!!!! WOW......how lucky can we be???!!!!!

LIFE IS JUST ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: