Wednesday, July 08, 2009

WOW....the fallen trees are gone exactly two months to the day since the May 8th Inland Hurricane!!!

I knew yesterday evening that the chances were good that along our street the fallen trees, the cut-up and chopped-up trees, and the thousands of branches and limbs along our street MIGHT be gone by tonight......and, THEY ARE!!!!!

FEMA arrives....and soon the town begins one of the final stages of clean-up from that devastating "inland hurricane" which blew through here at noon on May 8th. We were approved as a Federal disaster at the end of June.....and things then began to happen here in F'town with the arrival of the FEMA officials/people. It allowed the city to HIRE a removal service(s) to come in and remove all of the trees that have been lining the curbs of sooooo many streets here in town.....and they are getting the job done....quickly and efficiently!!!

In my yard.....the main problem has been the LARGE Maple tree, that we were told was about 200 years old, which had been uprooted and the trunk, while sawed into huge chunks/logs, it had been laying there for two months. Today....after it being chain sawed for almost an hour to allow the "claws" to grab it in several pieces and lift it into a large truck......that tree is GONE! HURRAY for FEMA!!!!!! Now.....we are left to get someone to grind up the roots in the almost 3 feet deep hole, and then bring in a load of dirt so we can begin to get the yard repaired and healing. That is one worry that is no longer............

I been dragging all day today.......I woke up at 5;30 this morning with a sore throat.....and can't imagine what is causing it. I have no sinus problems, no "stopped up" head from a cold......just a sore throat. Oh well........I took a Clariton and it should work.....(??).

The 1st Lady is still at Dr. Jeni's sitting with the two younger grandchildren.....as Meghan is still attending the Washington, MO summer camp activities from 8:30 - 3pm each day.....and LOVING it!!! She will return to her mother's home tomorrow evening as her mother has a Dr.' appt. on Friday. She will then return to Dr. Jeni's....and I will pick her up on Saturday.

I have to be in Rolla, MO for a noon meeting of the initial planning committee for a reunion of all of my former band members for the 30 years that I taught......in three school districts. I will get to see a few former band members/students that I haven't seen in years and years.... on Saturday....and, I am excited about this!!!!!!

Tomorrow......I need to begin to work on the "dead areas" of the lawn where those limbs and trees laid for two months. Lots and lots of cleanup still left to do now that those trees are gone.......and in the fall we will try to plant some grass in those huge "dead areas".

And sooooo, with a sore throat......, but as always..........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: