Thursday, July 09, 2009

A Day that I enjoyed......!

This morning....after sleeping better than I have been doing for the past week......I was up and going strong by 6:30AM. Oh yeah.......who wouldn't want to sleep later than that, but......it just doesn't happen any more. I enjoyed my morning Fr. Roast coffee....on the patio, minus the destroyed table/chairs.....and then as I was reading the morning newspapers at the bar in the kitchen, the phone rang.....

Sue Hanner called to see if I would like to ride with her to Farmington to partake of a cappuccino at a fairly new coffee shop in downtown Farmington, and with a quick side trip to Lowe's. OF COURSE.....have I ever, ever turned down a good cup of coffee????? Hell no!!!!

Soooo, we went up and I had the best cappuccino that I have had in a LONG, LONG time!!!!!!! This little...well, not too little....shop is right on the downtown square...and is just an incredible place!!!! "Bauhaus Koffee"...think that is spell right!!?? Soooo, with a wonderful, freshly baked scone to accompany the coffee (not the other way around), I enjoyed an incredible visit with a former student of mine, Gretchen Pinkley, who graduated from HS in the early '90's and whom I had not seen for years and years. She works there as part of their family business....and let me tell you......it is super!!! The inside is beautiful, in a non-chain coffee house style, with art work on the walls, great variety of seating, piano and guitar to play, reading area.........just a real coffee house with great style and, most of all, outstanding coffee!!!!! GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a quick trip/stop at Lowe's, we returned around noon. I did some necessary things here at the stick and brick and then made a couple of errand runs around town. Afterwards, I worked on the Facebook group site: "Mr. H's Band Members" which is up and running and growing almost daily with my former students signing in there. Today I posted more pictures from some band events/trips......

This evening.....I wined and dined on the delicious cuisine of Sue Hanner's......and had a delightful time for a couple of hours of eating and wine drinking. Back here at the stick/brick...I have watered the new grass, plants, shrubs, etc., etc. as I am now in the process of trying to save them from the heat and drought!!!! WOW.....how the pendulum can swing soooo quickly!!!!!

And soooo, a fun day....and as always.......

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: