Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday: A beautiful day, albeit much warmer and more humid.....

Yesterday???? Yep.......???? Hmmmm, why can't I remember yesterday????? The 1st Lady and I took our usual two mile walk.....we have been walking almost every day this past week.....and it is nice to feel sooo good after that 30 minute power walk, especially after coming up that last hill to the stick and brick!!

The day just flew by.....without any real progress on any project. I did manage to remove some old caulking under and along the slider door that leads out to the patio. It was wet underneath and so I decided to let the sun dry it out before applying some new caulking. Not having any "good stuff", I made a trip to Walmart to get some early in the afternoon. On the way out I felt very good about the condition...the almost-new condition of my truck since it has been painted, a new tailgate put on, and the inside cleaned with very sparkling windows, of which a couple are also new.

Returning to the stick and brick......we just kicked back and watched a movie during the late afternoon......"Gran Turino"....which I enjoyed thoroughly. What a lesson it leaves you with.....about how just learning and experiencing people of a different culture allows you to push past those prejudices that you might have had about that culture.......a very good movie!!!!

Then I had to take the movie back out to Walmart.....and on the trip out and back I noticed...for the very first time I might add.....several small white-like marks on the new windshield....almost like when we have had windows that the seal breaks and moisture collects inside between the panes of glass. Well.....this doesn't have two panes....and so I just could not figure out what was going on.......getting back to the stick/brick, I tried to wash them off from inside and outside....and they remained. WEIRD!!!!! They are there, but the light has to hit the windshield at just the right angle to see them....????!!!! BUT, they are there and do not go away.

TODAY.....I was up early as I had an appointment to have new front brakes on the truck at Duncan's 4X4 Shop in Doe Run....about 25 minutes from here. Soooo, being ready to leave early, I awakened the 1st Lady as she had a Dr.'s appt in Farmington....and then I took my truck over to where I had it painted and the new items installed ....Kemp's Auto Body. Talking with the owner, Pat.....I showed him the windshield with the faults in the glass....and he agree, that it is a faulty windshield.....and then yesterday I had also discovered that the right outside mirror could not be adjusted by the switch on my door panel. Soooo, he gave me an appt. for Wed morning to get ANOTHER new windshield installed, along with getting that switch fixed. This is the third windshield I have had in the past year!!!!!!!! UGH.

Then....30 minutes later I was in Duncan's shop....and began the 2.5 hour wait on the truck to have the new brakes and calipers installed......$322.00 total!!! UGH....another costly day in the shop!!!!! Oh well......it is only money.....hmmmm.....!

This afternoon I found myself taking an unscheduled nap....for a bit over an hour. I had been reading this Tom Clancy novel.....a rather long one of over 900 pages paperback....and just fell asleep...not from the novel, but from just being....sleepy me.

We decided to grill some burgers, have some more of that wonderful, golden corn on the cob, sliced another home grown tomato(not at my home),.......and the burger and juicy red tomato on a fresh Ciabatta bun......ohhhhhh sooooooo gooooood!!!!!! Mouth is watering right now just remembering the incredible flavors of that sandwich!!!!

Tomorrow....I have scheduled myself to begin the task....a not so easy task.....of washing the RV....with a wax job for me to within the next week. UGH!!!!!! OHHH how I hate doing that, but it is necessary. I also have to clean the awning.....some dark ugly mold has appeared on the underneath side....and that MUST go quickly!!!!! Now....I see that rains are arriving here tomorrow afternoon and for the next few days.......not what I need just now. And....I also need to mow the damn lawn again in the next couple of days. How in the hell did I get all of this done when I was working......working soooooo many long hours each day, and most time on Saturdays, also!!! WHEW!!!!

And soooo......two more days of my Life has disappeared....never to come around again! I can never regain these two days......and it does make me wonder just how many days I will have to enjoy.....sure the hell a lot less than I have already experienced during these past 66 years!!!!

But.....you know........

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: