Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday: Yep.....it was a lazy morning.....and a rainy afternoon/evening....

Oh yeah......up again at 6:30 this morning.....my always, great cup of Fr Roast coffee soon afterward and then time to read the online newspapers until 8am when I woke up the 1st Lady. Later.....a breakfast some good bread and butter/blueberry jam.....and then a bit more coffee on the patio. Cloudy...and with the threat of heavy rain later.....brought me inside to begin working on some travel plans for the next few months.

First off.....is our trip west sometime next month. I began to do some research as where we can store the Cedar Creek RV for a week down below Estes Park....in either Longmont or Loveland...and each time I made a phone call to all three of the rv parks that might store it for me, no one answered......was it a plot amongst the three of these parks to not answer MY phone calls today??? Hmmmm....surely not...but a conspiracy theory began to form in my mind...haha!!

Then....I called my life-long friend from my USAF days in the 60's about his son's wedding.....what he had discovered in his plans and the costs of them.....so I could compare it with my projected expenses/costs for the 8 days we are thinking about being gone to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, in November. We discussed the trip and how great it will be to be together for a few days in Mexico......perhaps more time than we have spent together in years and years!

Then.....I began to make some tentative plans for our trip from the RGV in Texas where we will spent the three months of winter......to our son's wedding in Mobile, Alabama, now scheduled for the first weekend in March. As I may have mentioned, it appears that it will be large wedding......as we understand there will be 12 bridesmaids.....and that the Mobile Art Museum is a possible setting for the wedding. More on this as we learn the definites of a real southern wedding!

A bit of research was then done on the possible trip of ours to New Zealand in April.....still an idea that is taking on a bit of shape in our thoughts and discussions and conversations, but not a definite quite yet. Lots to think about....to lay out plans for....and to research costs for the flight, car rental for a month, and then tentative itinerary plans for that month to allow us to see as much of the two islands as possible....and perhaps make the necessary reservation for the ferry from one island to the other.

This afternoon, the 1st Lady decided to go ahead and file for her Social Security.....she had not done so as yet as she was calculating the difference in doing it now.....or at a later year. But, after crunching the figures with the small amount she will receive, since in MO teachers do not pay SS, except the Medicare portion, her piddling amount of SS is then reduced to only 40% of what she is due since she did not pay into it during her teaching career. Soooo, she filed the paperwork today.

Then we went to Farmington to the Bauhaus Kaffee shop.....that wonderful place I talked about a couple of weeks ago. Her first time.....and she fell in love with the scones with her tea. Again, I visited with students of mine who were there.....and had that wonderful large cup of cappuccino that they do sooooo wonderfully there.

On to the local movie theater where we watched/endured the latest Harry Potter film. My god, but how exhausted I became of the dreary, dark, grayish color of the film for such a lengthy time....not color to speak of....and such a dark feeling each scene seems to embed in the viewer. The earlier Potter films were better......at least in my belief!!!

Home again......in the rain, which came down all afternoon.....and then some more emails about the trip to Mexico, as well as a phone call to my friend.....and think we will make our reservations tomorrow????!!! I need to check out the costs of renting a car for perhaps a week.....but, have some questions on insurance for the vehicle while under my control!

Sooooo.....the day was a quick one......not much accomplished, but busy trying to accomplish something all day long!!! But........still, it is just as I always say.........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: