Friday, July 10, 2009

WHAT happened to the rain we were to receive......?????

Up again at 6:30, morning rituals completed, bed made, my sagging hulk hidden inside cargo shorts and t-shirt, and then.......THEN......the Fr. Roast coffee was done, and my day began with that wonderful aroma and burst of rich, dark coffee in my mouth!!! OH SOOOO GOOD!!!!

For some reason....I found myself addicted to the laptop today. As I watched the clouds slide across our sky here in F'town, the sky getting dark and thick, I just knew.....knew that FINALLY we were going to get some much needed rain. Checking the radar here locally on the internet....these massive red/yellow storms were heading right for us.....YEAH!!!! It became darker still.......and then...what the hell happened??????? There wasn't even one drop of rain...and soon the dark clouds departed, going around F'town, and it was just a light covering of clouds.....and NO RAIN!!!! And that was about it for the day........a few drops that were not even enough to complete wet the sidewalk and streets......and NO RAIN!!!!

AT&T was scheduled to send out a service guy to check on my internet...DSL...as for the past several days it has been going off...and then on, and off....and then on....and this would occur at least once each hour and oftentimes it would just come on.....and a couple of minutes later while I was right in the middle of something, the damn thing would go off again! Well.....AT&T couldn't give me any approximate time for his arrival......just "before 7pm" was what they told me. Soooo, I hung out here at the stick and brick.......reading, and then uploading some more pictures and news articles of former band activities in Eldon and F'town.....all going to "Mr. H's Band Members" on the Facebook group pages.

Finally, he service guy arrived, and was outside, on a ladder, up in the wires a half block away, and then back here in the house. He was here/in the area, for about an hour.....and said he had fixed some things and that my reception should be very good now......and quite a bit faster!!! Well.....so far, sooo good!!!!

Late this afternoon I grilled two large hamburgers with sliced onion that we still have from the large bag which we returned with from the RGV in Texas. They are still really, really good....and very sweet when grilled!!!!! A large glass of my dark red medicine accompanied that huge sandwich and I really enjoyed my evening meal. I carefully stored the second burger for a quick warm-up in the next day or so........

I spent some time this evening writing an article for the Linn, MO, local newspaper concerning the upcoming reunion of all of my former band students. I put out a call through the paper for those students that were in band there for the four years that I was teaching in Linn.....and hopefully, we will find everyone from those years. Tomorrow morning I have to run up to Rolla....about two hours northwest of here to meet with the initial planning committee for a two hour meeting to get things rolling on this huge project.

After the lunch meeting at Panera Bread, I then will go towards STL on I-44 and over to Washington where I will meet the 1st Lady and then we will return to F'town via STL. Should be back by early evening.....???

And sooooo, a day of waiting for tech repairs, a day of waiting for rain, a day of sitting on my sagging ass for most of the time, and a very short evening of doing not much of anything. I continue to enjoy seeing the street once again now that all of the tree debris has been removed......WHEW, what a relief!!!!!!!!

As always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!

No comments: