Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WHEW....hot and steamy here today...and then STORMS!!!!

WOW.....I didn't get my sagging rear out of bed until 7:30 this morning!!! Actually, I didn't even go horizontal until 1am this morning, so it is no wonder I slept that long!!! After the 1st Lady was up around 8, I took care of the morning rituals and then had a second cup of that wonderful dark French Roast coffee.

The morning was taken up with some things around the stick and brick, making a run to the post office and a few other stops, and then a bite of lunch. Later this afternoon, by the time it was really nice and steamy, I went over to the new produce market which is open MWF and only on the afternoon for a couple of hours. Picked up some corn on the cob and some homegrown(??) tomatoes....hope they are good!!!!!

Then late afternoon this HUGE BLACK cloud arrived on the western horizon...and soon was totally covering our hill...and then all hell broke loose!!!!! WOW....haven't seen such huge strikes of lightning in a long, long time......and the quantity was unreal!!!! Just one after another.....we were afraid to even go near the windows....and then along with all of this cacophony, the rains that fell must have measure 2-3 inches very easily!!!!! Everything up here on the yard was flooded.....whew! It was soooo dark that all of the street lights popped on and with the heavy, blinding rains...we couldn't see across the street!!!! But.....the power remained on, the DSL remained on, and after about a half hour of this storm, it settled down and then just went east from here.

This evening.....been doing some reading, writing a few emails, and then just relaxing. We had a call from Jeremy's fiance's mother who lives in Mobile, Alabama......wanting to introduce herself and talk about the plans for the upcoming wedding next March. I won't discuss anything as yet......until we know for sure when the plans have been decided and are set in stone. I do get the feeling that the wedding is going to be a rather large affair there in Mobile.....and that will be nice if it is what Anne-Marie wants!!!! I'm all for whatever they really want!!!!!

The 1st Lady leaves again tomorrow to return to her Mother's......as she has some intestinal tests being done on Friday for which she needs some meds which may cause an allergic reaction......soooo, the 1st Lady needs to be there. I am still without my truck....still in the repair shop for the new paint job......sooo, perhaps I can get my exercise walking places????? It will be good for me!!!

We are still planning to go to Wyoming next month.......just not certain how soon we can get away. Back here by the 1st of October for the month....and then in November we will PROBABLY fly to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for a week to attend a friend's wedding there........have to make up our minds quickly to get our reservations made!

Always making plans, aren't we??????? But, as I have always taught my students: If you don't think BIG, nothing BIG will ever happen!!!!!!! Thinking "small" gets you no where in Life!!!!!

Sooo, before I begin a mini-lecture on Life......I will bring this to a close...and, as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: