Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday: An ugly, wet morning turns into a beautiful late afternoon/evening in STL!!

Oh yeah.....the morning was not very promising, very low clouds, gray, wet, but decent temps did work in concert with the rest of the morning uglies. Spent the morning online working on locating an rv park around Loveland, CO, where I could store our RV for a week next month while the 1st Lady and I vacation with her brother and his wife in their timeshare in Estes Park....and the surround Rocky Mountain National Park. Finally located one.....and the costs are going to be.....only $10.00!!!! GREAT deal......

After a bite of lunch, I assisted the 1st Lady with her attacks on the weeds/grass that have grown up between the slaps of concrete and asphalt of our driveway.....and we did get them all removed. Then.....I cleaned up this sagging hulk of Me....and went into STL. Did a bit of shopping at Trader Joe's, some looking at a couple of stores in the Galleria area on Brentwood Blvd.....and then met Dustin Merrill, a former band student here in F'town, who after graduating from Mizzou is now a Patent Engineer for a well-respected and known law firm in STL. We had a great dinner on the patio of The Cheesecake Factory.....and lots of discussions of various topics during the dinner. It has been at least three years since we have found the time to get together.....and it was really great to have a couple of hours to just sit and talk......about his Life...and about mine.

Returned to the stick and brick around 9:45....only takes about an hour and a half from the Galleria.....a very easy drive.....about 95 miles each way. It is a great area of the city.....and always enjoy wandering through the many varied stores along Brentwood Blvd. The more I am in the city, the more I think about us moving up there. It certainly gets depressing living in a town with one grocery store that doesn't stock much of anything except the bare essentials.

I am to pick up my newly repainted truck in the morning.....anxious to see how it looks!!!! Then I need to get new front brakes installed next week.......am I getting anxious to get on the road??? I sure am!!!!!!! Beginning to think about fly fishing in the mountains of Wyoming......and then.....I remember the last time I did that !!!!! I fell into a hole....and broke my right arm!!!!!! Hmmmm.......and we had to remain at the foot of the Big Horn Mts for a couple of extra weeks until I could drive with my left arm.

And so......it was a gorgeous evening......great for sitting outside to enjoy our dinner......and, as always..........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: