Tuesday, July 28, 2009

TUESDAY: WOW....this day has not been for relaxing!!!!

It was starting to steam outside early this morning.....such humidity in the air. However, before even the morning rituals....and after only ONE cup of Fr. Roast coffee....I was outside and climbing a ladder to begin washing TheHowserHouse on wheels.....as task I do not enjoy, but one that is always necessary in order to maintain the cosmetic appearance which I want. Soooo, as the sun crept over the house across the street, I hurried along, knowing full well that it would soon be too hot to be washing the sides of the 5er by hand. I managed to get it half done....the back end and the left side, which both had been in the shade. My plans were to finish it this evening when it cooled down.......

Afterwards I returned to the a/c....and took care of the morning rituals....and omg, but was that shower a welcome relief as I was dripping all over the house as I hurried to the bathroom for a shower.....soooo damn hot out there. Then....I relaxed a tad over my Fr. Roast coffee mug.....and read some emails that seem to be pouring in each day.......

Emails from former students who are re-connecting with me through the Facebook band reunion site. An email this morning, that I initiated after this former student had randomly discovered this almost-daily blog site......and she wrote last night about how her Life has gone since she graduated in 1984...from Eldon HS. It was sooooooo wonderful to hear from her and to learn about her Life....the bumps in the road and the successes over the past 25 years. She now lives in California....and is a nurse with a beautiful little girl. She is planning to be at the reunion next summer and that is sooo great as I am anxious to see her once again....!

This reunion is just taking off with a Life of it's own!!! And.....I am sooo excited about all of it...the plans that are being made....the ideas that being discussed....the interesting and fun clothings items that are being sold on the FB band page for fund with which to help put this reunion all together...........soooo much work by so many great students of mine from over the 30 years!!!! I am sure you will be hearing more about this as the time moves forward....and, as we all know.....time just goes faster the older I/we become.

This afternoon....showers...thunder....and the 1st Lady returned from Farmington where she had gone with some of her "girl" friends for lunch at the Bauhaus Kaffee shop. As always, they have a great time with no end of discussion topics, from what I hear!!

This evening, after a pizza for supper, she and I went outside and sawed into halves, each section of the privacy fence which had blown down and across our yard. It has been stacked up for two months.....and this week appears to be the last week that we can take debris out to the "dump" without paying a fee......soooo, we are getting our rears in gear to get everything taken out there this week. I had six sections of fence which was destroyed....but, couldn't get the entire section into the truck with the 5er hitch in the middle of the bed. Sooo, we just took a small hand saw and sawed through the horizontal posts...and voila!!! We now can get them moved out and away from our stick and brick!

Soooo, my body is sore, my arms are aching and screaming for relief.....washing the rv...and sawing for almost an hour on the fence sections. But.....progress is good....and sooo, it has made this a good day, albeit a busy one. However.......as I always say......

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: