Monday, July 06, 2009

Wed thru Monday.........I'm waaaayyyy behind!

WOW......I am not sure I have gone this many days without writing since I was in Egypt a couple of years ago. Just have not been able to get away to go up to Hannibal just to get on the internet.....and this post would be difficult to peck out on my iPhone!!

After going to Dr. Jeni's home to sit with the kids when Max was ill.......and he did get ok with meds.....we spent the night on Tuesday with them. Wednesday morning I took Meghan into Washington to go to her daily summer camp.......ran Ava to her sitter for the day, and thenwent back to their house and waited until the 1st Lady was ready to leave.

We did some window shopping in Washington, and then went on into STL, doing some shopping as we are still trying to find just what we really want in the way of replacement patio table and chairs. If we find a table we like, then we don't like the "sling" chairs....and when we find the right kind of chairs, the table isn't the kind we want to own!! Soooo, early afternoon we to the 1st Lady's "Aesthetic Dermatology Surgeon"....and the next four hours were spent in the process of removing some skin cancer on her right cheek. The actual process went smoothly, but then we had to wait for another hour with the bandages on her cheek.....waiting for the lab results to return to make certain that the Dr. had removed all of the cancer cells. Soooo, it was after 6pm before we got away from his offices.

Leaving there, we stopped at the Chesterfield Mall area for dinner......at Red Lobster. Both of us were a bit disappointed with our fried shrimp and garlic shrimp dinners. Mine was tough from being cooked too long and hers was just tooooo much garlic...the tiny little things were drowning in the garlic sauce! Gues we are just spoiled from being soooo close to the shore during last summer in the Maritime Provinces of Canada....and the winter near the Gulf of Mexico in southern Texas. Both times we were able to enjoy REAL FRESH shrimp......certainly makes a difference!!!!!!

We arrived at her Mother's home around 10pm.....and the 1st Lady's sister/husband and son were already there for the weekend. Thurday....Friday....and Saturday, we were involved in family activities 90% of the time(To my readers who were camped nearby at the Mark Twain Lake.....sooooo sorry I was not able to get out to see you). I did run up to Quincy, IL for a couple of errands....but returned home for dinner. The house has been packed with family members from her and away.......tons of little grandchildren and great-grandchildren running around most of the time.

Today(well, not TODAY)....the 4th of July....the house was filled, as well as the yard with activities....a grill with food cooking, and then off and on, lots of rain came down upon us. The evening of the 4th there was .....as usual.....a major fireworks display in Monroe City, but......sadly, the clouds were soooo low that unless anyone was almost right under the fireworks, they were only visible on their way up and as some of them drifted down to the ground........along with making the clouds turn various colors as they exploded in air...and inside those hanging, wet clouds. A unique display, to say the least.

Sunday......we left durng the afternoon. I dropped the 1st Lady off at the home of Dr. Jeni/Darrel as their sitter is going to be gone for the week, so the 1st Lady will sit with Max...as well as Ava and Meghan depending upon their daily schedules. I returned to the stick and brick last night.....as I had to have my truck at the body shop at 8am this morning to begin the two week task of re-painting it.....due to the May 8th inland hurricane. I hope I can get some other things done this week as once again, I play the bachelor role here.

Today....the truck was in place at the appointed time....and then I returned to the sofa as I was awake most of the night with a headache....not serious, but just constant pounding. Ahhhh, the wonders of getting old(er)!!!! Just resting this morning......and I am back to normal(?) now. I spent some time watering things around here this afternoon as I can't tell that it rained any while I/we were gone.

One more little insurance adjuster tidbit.........if you have followed this saga, you remember she was here a few weeks back to meet with my roofing contractor to measure the roof TOGETHER. Well, when she left she told me I would have the next check in about a week. Hmmmm.......again, she was not accurate. I still do not have that damn check for several more thousand dollars....so I called the Claims Office in Dallas.....and was told it had been sent out on June 20th!!!!!! Did I see it.....did I get it????? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!.......So, I had the Claims Office put a stop on their check and demanded that they get on the ball and send me that check immediately. Now what the hell happened to that "mailed check"???????????

And sooooo, back at home, the weather is getting warmer again with humidity becoming higher....and so we are back to normal.

OMG.......I don't believe I mentioned that our son, Jeremy/Jay called Saturday night to tell us he had proposed to Anne-Marie during their weekend in NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been anticipating that this would occur........and are really excited about this!!!!! We think the world of her......she is just GREAT!!!!!! She is from Mobile, Alabama......and probably will be married in that area as her family resides there.......a southern wedding??????? Believe they are looking a late March date as springtime there is beautiful........

What more can I say after that.....but,

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

1 comment:

Carrie Tripp said...

Nope, don't think "normal" describes ya! Tell Jeremy congrats from me! How exciting! Everyone seems to be getting married or having babies these days!