Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday: And...another beautiful day for Missouri during July!!!!!

WOW......and they just keep coming along......these gorgeous, almost dry, moderate temps and great blue skies........right here in the latter part of July. How lucky can we be??? I wonder.......

Today, I was up, finished the morning rituals, and then after a couple of cups of hot, French Roast coffee, I finished reading the morning, online newspapers, made a couple of phone calls....and then hit the patio with a vengence. I had a plan: to complete the cleaning of the concrete and get the patio ready for us to get a new patio table and chairs within a week or two.

And so....I poured out a couple of gallons of Clorox over the stained and darkened concrete......let it sit....and SMELL.... for awhile....and then took the pressure washer and spent the next three hours finishing the cleaning......and, WOW....does it ever look nice and clean!!!! By shortly after lunch, it was finished and ready to enjoy this afternoon......

I called our insurance adjuster for the RV insurance.....and the claim was processed as I talked to her...and the check will be in the mail tomorrow. Now.....to get TheHowserHouse in line to get the necessary cosmetic repairs completed.......when...when...when??????

The 1st Lady arrived about 3pm.......having stopped at Sam's Club in STL, she had a vehicle full of food and other goodies..........and after assisting her in the unloading, having some discussions, and hearing her strong approval of the way the patio looked.......we decided that it was 5pm somewhere.....not here.....and so she had an Amaretto Sour....and I had a couple of glasses of my dark red medicine, sitting under the umbrella on the patio, enjoying the soft warm breezes and having a great conversation about her days with her mother...and her sister, who was also there.

We decided to eat a light supper and so I lit the charcoal grill.....and soon was grilling three large brats.....chicken brats with asiago cheese and small chopped pieces of spinach inside these brats. I was just a bit hesitant about them, but she had tasted them at Sam's Club......and OMG.....they are tremendous!!!!!! A bit of Dijon mustard on them....just a small amount....and with some fresh corn on the cob, freshly grown tomatoes purchased from a vendor here in town.....and another glass of cabernet....and our light supper was complete!!!!!

This evening I had a phone call from my OLD USAF buddy who lives in PA.....and we were discussing his son's upcoming wedding in Puerto Vallarta, MX.....in November. I told him that we are planning to attend....as of this point in time....and he was excited that we are going to fly down to be there. Our thoughts are to be there for about a week so we can check around about rv parks as we have always wanted to drive down with TheHowserHouse and stay there for a winter, and this is an excellent opportunity to check it all out, as well as enjoy the wedding festivities!!!!!

It is forecast for some rain for tonight and tomorrow.....and so, my activities in the yard are probably going to limited, if any at all. We could use some rain....and then by the time it dries, it will be time to mow the damn grass/weeds again!!!!! However.......better that than dead, brown grasss.....

And sooooo, as always when I finish the day and look back to review my day......I realize that......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: