Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday: Another beautiful day!!!!! Enough said....

Yep.......same old time to pull my sagging body out of bed this morning......same old French Roast coffee which filled my mug three times before 10AM......same time to awaken the 1st Lady......same breakfast of Oatmeal and warm milk.....and then the day began!

A bit after 10AM, the 1st Lady took me over to Kemp's Auto Body Shop....and there was my friendly Ford F350 sparkling in the bright sunshine. Oh yeah.......that new paint job, the new tailgate, the new side mirrors, the new front windshield and windows on the right side, the new decals........it seemed to be a new 2001 truck!!!!!! It just looks sooooo great!!!!!!! They have an excellent crew there at Pat Kemp's shop....and they outdid themselves on my truck, without a doubt!!! Certainly looks better than when I bought it back in December of '03!!!!!!!

Returning home, it was time to get to work........and that I DID!!!!! For the next almost four hours, I worked my sagging ass to get the yard mowed....and after several bottles of water during a few breaks......I finished about 2pm.....and was I ever hot and sweaty. Oh no...the temps were in the mid-80's, not much humidity, BUT.......no trees in my yard for shade and no clouds in the sky to block the very strong sun which followed me no matter which way I turned in the yard........it was there!

After that......I spent the next couple of hours just kicking back and relaxing.....and by 4pm here, I realized that it WAS 5pm somewhere and so I took a couple of doses of my dark red medicine, along with some great artisan bread which I dipped into some EVO...extra virgin olive oil.....into which I had added some salt and pepper, and several herbs and a dash of this and that....and it certainly tasted great!!!!

The 1st Lady went to Farmington for a "girl's night out" with her former teacher friends, sooooo......I got out the George Foreman Grill.....the kind that drains off the fat, should be there some. Yesterday afternoon in STL, I had stopped at Trader Joe's, and purchased a loaf of freshly bake Ciabatta bread, so......I sliced some locally home grown tomatoes, went out to my herb garden and plucked off four large basil leaves, sliced up some fresh mozzarella cheese....put all of these items on the Ciabatta slices, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled some salt/pepper over them and then closed the top of the grill, pressing down on it, and let it cook for about 4 minutes to toast the bread and melt the cheese.....and VOILA!!!!!!! An incredible panini hot sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo good with another glass of cabernet sauvignon...and so I coooked another sandwich and it was even better......OMG, it was sooooo damn good!!!!

This evening I caught up on a couple of episodes of the Top Chef Master, or whatever the hell it is called.....and really enjoyed these segments. They now have the top six chefs for the final competition.......just a really great hour on Bravo!!!!!!!

And sooooo, the day has been gorgeous, and.....as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: